Rivals.net closed down

Day

Sky has closed Rivals.net, its online football community, blaming its poor commercial performance.

The media giant shut the network of fan sites for all 92 football clubs, including Manchester United’s United We Stand and Everton’s When Skies Are Grey, without prior warning to members.

Visitors to any of the sites are met with the message ‘Rivals.net is currently unavailable’.

[url=http://www.nma.co.uk/sky-gives-rivalsnet-football-community-the-boot/3002064.article]http://www.nma.co.uk/sky-gives-rivalsnet-f...3002064.article

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ramarena was pretty dead everytime I went on with only a handfull of members posting.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by rams71;22037

it always seem to descend into name-calling,foul language and personal attacks so im not too bothered that it has shut down.

this forum is the best anyway

Sounds abit like this place

Originally posted by JoeMadRam;22056

The DET will be next. I mean, Gingers 4 Justice is the veteran poster there now.

Yeh thats what i said Joe.

You know the place has changed, and how long its been since you used to post there, when you realised he is the veteran, an the only survivor lol

DET will never closed down, they've spent to much feckin money on it to just close it down. Despite all it's problems people still drift back over there as well. Just need to get some decent staff on the forum and stamp out the bitchiness over grammer and spelling.

Originally posted by MattyTheRam;22058

Yeh thats what i said Joe.

You know the place has changed, and how long its been since you used to post there, when you realised he is the veteran, an the only survivor lol

yeah but that was cause it was rubbish, they banned all the funny and good posters, and let the mard arses take over is why i moved on free over here

Yeah after making 2,600 posts (hard effort) and becoming 'World Class' I locked myself out of my account by changing my password to a load of numbers I won't remember.

Here's better run and there's less bitchiness. Discussion is all taken in good humour and not too seriously.

I did that as well, tried to get it back but Daz wanted me to verify my details which I couldn't do as I messed my email address up into some fake gibberish, obviously I couldn't and never heard back from him.

Originally posted by JoeMadRam;22087

Yeah after making 2,600 posts (hard effort) and becoming 'World Class' I locked myself out of my account by changing my password to a load of numbers I won't remember.

Here's better run and there's less bitchiness. Discussion is all taken in good humour and not too seriously.

Oh I'm quoting myself because I forgot to mention Boycie.

The man takes life far too seriously! He just can't take a joke at all.

Archived