How to Deal with a Female Stalker

Day

Over the years, various psychology journals and magazines have published articles about the difference between male and female violent offenders. Female serial killers, for example, were considered almost unheard of until the last twenty years ago, but it has since become evident that

women have just as much tendency to kill as anyone else. This is also true of stalking, though female stalkers often behave differently from male stalkers.

For example, women who commit to stalking someone else are often more discreet about it than a male who pursues the same activity. This might be related to the comparatively small physical stature of women. They may be less confident in their physical prowess, and are therefore more likely to avoid conspicuous situations. Where a male stalker might come right out and obviously follow his target, a female stalker will hide in the shadows to avoid detection.

Studies have also shown that female stalkers prefer to use electronic communications, phone calls and other round-a-bout methods of talking their targets. For instance, they might send a male victim fifty text messages in one night, ranging from threats to declarations of love. This is less common among male stalkers, who are more likely to escalate into physical violence before being discreet. So following are a few tips on how to deal with such a predator.

Don't Send Mixed Signals

If you know that you have a female stalker, avoid giving her attention or trying to let her down easily, especially if you know her in person from work or a social situation. Any attention might convince her that you return her feelings, and might lead to more forceful displays of affection. Some women can be deluded into thinking that their victims are actually in love with them, where male stalkers are more likely not to care whether or not their affections are returned.

Report the Situation

Since a female stalker is more likely to target a male, they often get away with the abuse they inflict because men are less likely to report abuse. They assume they can handle themselves, and don't want to be viewed as weak in the eyes of authorities. However, women can become violent as

easily as men, and some women will back off once they've been confronted by the police, so don't hesitate to file a report.

Protect Your Family

A female stalker is often catty and intelligent, and will spend her time thinking of ways to get what she wants, which is often her stalking target. If she thinks she is in love with you, for example, she might see your spouse as an obstacle between the two of you, and therefore will target your spouse with violence. Make sure you think of your family as well as yourself if you are ever in this situation.

[url=http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/507861/how_to_deal_with_a_female_stalker.html?cat=17]http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5...ker.html?cat=17

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Vicky stalking the Derby County players at Moor Farm, we all make light of the situation but I think we should stop and think as it's not a laughing matter for the victims involved.

There are a number of good looking chaps amoung us on this forum myself included and any one of us could be in the same situation as Idiakez and Doyle, too scared to ask for help, thinking nobody will believe them.

I thought I would post up a little help guide for the members on the off chance a member is also being stalked by a female.

I'm always here for anyone who wish's to talk to someone in confidence.

Originally posted by vicky-27;21653

Very bloomin funny

and no it wasn't me that sent Joe the texts !! - it could of been Trigger tho !

how verry verry dare you vicky!

what beats me (leave it boycie!) is that everytime something happens trigs name is always involved? why,s that then:rolleyes:

Archived