MK Dons appoint Ince as manager

Day

Milton Keynes Dons have confirmed the return of Paul Ince as the club's new manager.

Ince enjoyed a successful time as Dons boss in the 2007/08 season as he sealed League Two and Johnstone's Paint Trophy glory.

The former England international then left stadium:mk for Blackburn Rovers, but he struggled in the Premier League and was sacked last December.

MK Dons have been seeking a new head coach since Roberto Di Matteo left to take over at West Brom earlier in the week.

Ince has now been unveiled, signing a two-year contract with the League One club.

Dons chairman Pete Winkelman told the club's official website: "I'm absolutely thrilled to be able to bring Paul back to Milton Keynes. He enjoyed incredible success during his first spell with us and showed himself more than worthy of a shot at the Premier League.

"But we always felt he had unfinished business here and it feels absolutely right that he should return to the Club and build on the very momentum he helped to create.

"Paul's achievements and the manner in which he left meant we had to see him before we even considered anyone else and it was obvious straight away that the chemistry was still there.

"People like Paul Ince never lose their passion, their determination and their ability to inspire and we've already seen what those qualities can do.

"Paul remains one of the most talented young managers in this country and I'm enormously excited about what he can help us achieve."

[url=http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5414080,00.html]http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5414080,00.html

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good news for them I suppose. But their fans will be pissed off with him as he seemed to be a manager who walked along stepping stones.

He should do his best to bring Dons to the Premiership, rather than making the same mistake and jumping up to somewhere out of his depth.

Archived