Nyatanga off?

Day

Just seen this on the DET apparently a member spoke with Glick at the kit launch and said:

I asked about Baker and Brayford...

He said that, before we bid for them nigel wants to get Albrechtsen and Nyatanga out before bidding for them both..

[url=http://forums.therams.co.uk/thread.jspa?threadID=30044&start=0&tstart=0]http://forums.therams.co.uk/thread.jspa?th...tart=0&tstart=0

Strange if true, we need to keep players like Nyatanga as squad players, we can't rely on Brayford and Buxton coming in if needed.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by David;21507

Just seen this on the DET apparently a member spoke with Glick at the kit launch and said:

I asked about Baker and Brayford...

He said that, before we bid for them nigel wants to get Albrechtsen and Nyatanga out before bidding for them both..

[url=http://forums.therams.co.uk/thread.jspa?threadID=30044&start=0&tstart=0]http://forums.therams.co.uk/thread.jspa?th...tart=0&tstart=0

Strange if true, we need to keep players like Nyatanga as squad players, we can't rely on Brayford and Buxton coming in if needed.

I'd rather keeper Nyatanga and Albers - 2 players who were steady for large parts of last season, than have Barker (we already have a massive amount of money) and an unproven youngster in Brayford.

I'd keep Nyatanga and sign Barker and Brayford. Cloughie does need to get rid of the deadwood but leaving us with a thread bare squad relying on unproven youngsters after last seasons injury crisis would be ridculous. I hope its a joke otherwise we'l be screwed.

I'm sure Nyatanga isn't one of those players who wants Premiership wages like Savage or journeyman wages like Alby so why shouldn't we keep him?

He's a good squad player and has done alright filling in for the injured Leacock. Unless another CCC or Prem club jumps in with a silly offer then he needs to stay.

Selling a sound (though average) young squad player would be criminally insane unless it was a big offer and Clough brought in a few more CBs.

We're supposed to be improving our defence, not making it worse! Sorry that was a bit of wristslasher statement but I'm really worried.

Originally posted by JoeMadRam;21521

Selling a sound (though average) young squad player would be criminally insane unless it was a big offer and Clough brought in a few more CBs.

We're supposed to be improving our defence, not making it worse! Sorry that was a bit of wristslasher statement but I'm really worried.

Maybe so joe, But it is right, if all the proposed deals happen we will have a MUCH worse defence than last season.

Oh Tom Glicks well known for telling every tom dick and harry the inner goings on at Derby.

Just bump into him in tesco and you'll get to know about the clubs finances and how much money Derby are paying him a month.

NOT!

To be fair his mouth or should I say hands can be a little bit loose sometimes on the keyboard when replying to fans emails. Could be his way of leaking it that he's available through the fans knowing it will be across the forums within the hour. A few people have said on the DET he could of meant to say Lewis instead of Lewin, it does sound logical when Clough is on the radio later saying Price wil be off to Brentford.

Haha i wasn't in the bushes i did see Tom Glick tho - sat outside the pub in the market place having a strawberry ice cream desert - it was past my curfew tho so i couldnt go and speak to him !

And what do you mean flog my season ticket ! you mean you wouldn't come and rescue me - well charming !

Vicky's hiding place at Moor Farm is well known to the staff.

They call it Vickys Bush.

Apparantly they are going to trim Vickys Bush to expose more of her.

Tom Glick told me this when I was at the opening.

Archived