Hatred and rivalry

vicky-27

Can someone please explain the 'hatred' they feel for other clubs - i.e Forest - why do you 'hate' them so much? i just don't get it myself - i dislike them because they are rivals but not hate - i have some friends who are Forest fans and enjoy the banter with them and i was pleased when Common's came - i couldn't care less he came from Forest.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I'm the same I don't hate any club, I was brought up to dislike them as rivals of course and take enjoyment from seeing them struggle but never to hate them.

At the end of the day Football's a game, my mates support all different clubs including Derby, Villa, Grimsby, Man Utd, Forest, Spurs but they are still my mates and decent people that I can sit and watch a game over a pint with.

I guess it's how your brought up or the mates you mix with influence you, take Matty for example who didn't take to kindly to me photoshopping his head onto a Forest shirt, had that been done to me I would of seen the funny side, although he expained how strong his hatred is for Forest and that's how he was brought up. I guess you have to respect everyone has different feelings even if you don't agree with them.

i personally hate united with a passion mainly because of their fans they are so smug and think they know fooking everything just because they don a manure shirt i won't go fully into it coz i will be rambling on for ages and it makes me angry just talking about that group of t0ssers i hate them more than forest obviously forest is just because of the local rival thing

Originally posted by David;21435

Personally I'm the same I don't hate any club, I was brought up to dislike them as rivals of course and take enjoyment from seeing them struggle but never to hate them.

At the end of the day Football's a game, my mates support all different clubs including Derby, Villa, Grimsby, Man Utd, Forest, Spurs but they are still my mates and decent people that I can sit and watch a game over a pint with.

I guess it's how your brought up or the mates you mix with influence you, take Matty for example who didn't take to kindly to me photoshopping his head onto a Forest shirt, had that been done to me I would of seen the funny side, although he expained how strong his hatred is for Forest and that's how he was brought up. I guess you have to respect everyone has different feelings even if you don't agree with them.

You had me untill you made reference to having mates.

Forest are local rivals. It pisses me off that they achieved more than us because of that muppet of a chairman who squeezed Clough so he won for Forest what he should have won for us. They annoy me because they go on about the seventies all the time too! If Derby were in the Champions League and Forest were in the Blue Square, the dogs would still think they're 'better' because they won things years ago.

I hate Man Utd the most though. Their plastic fans (there are so many at my Uni). They don't know much about the football, apart from about the biggest teams in Europe and the big 4. They only watch Manure when they go to the pub every other Sunday and don't have good conversations about football.

No disrespect to the tragedy but they bang on so much about something that happened 50 years ago and expect the rest of English football to go with it.

Teams appreciate winning because they lose sometimes, most Man Utd fans have never experienced this.

Originally posted by JoeMadRam;21509

Forest are local rivals. It pisses me off that they achieved more than us because of that muppet of a chairman who squeezed Clough so he won for Forest what he should have won for us. They annoy me because they go on about the seventies all the time too! If Derby were in the Champions League and Forest were in the Blue Square, the dogs would still think they're 'better' because they won things years ago.

I hate Man Utd the most though. Their plastic fans (there are so many at my Uni). They don't know much about the football, apart from about the biggest teams in Europe and the big 4. They only watch Manure when they go to the pub every other Sunday and don't have good conversations about football.

No disrespect to the tragedy but they bang on so much about something that happened 50 years ago and expect the rest of English football to go with it.

Teams appreciate winning because they lose sometimes, most Man Utd fans have never experienced this.

my thoughts exactly

but leeds is a more personal hatred due to a bad experiance with leeds fans at elland road throwing stones at kids id derby shirts, it was low and disgusting behavior from people who where clearly in there 30's/40s

chelsea comes from never meeting a fan who knew what he was talking about and the time one tried to hit me in a pub because i wanted frank lampard to feck off, bearing in mind chelsea were beating us at the time

where as people moan at scousers ive had my best away trip at anfield and got treated very good and ended up staying on some scousers sofas after drinking till 5 in the morning, they may talk of the past but boy do most of there fans no the history and tradtion of the club

Originally posted by vicky-27;21433

Can someone please explain the 'hatred' they feel for other clubs - i.e Forest - why do you 'hate' them so much? i just don't get it myself - i dislike them because they are rivals but not hate - i have some friends who are Forest fans and enjoy the banter with them and i was pleased when Common's came - i couldn't care less he came from Forest.

I hate them!

Being brought up by your closest family, to support the rams and despise the likes of forest, leeds and man u.

I've never known any different.

Definately hate Forest the most. Poxy club that they are nowadays.

Archived