Is this normal behaviour?

Day

First off we live in a shared house with 3 other people which is owned by the mother-in-law whilst we save up for a nice big house. One of the housemates I think is a pure knob here's why....

1) Doesn't flush the upstairs bathroom toilet at night, doesn't flush the downstairs toilet full stop.

2) Leave's every cupboard or door he goes in wide open, (bathroom, kitchen, even the fridge.)

3) Sweeps his bedroom up at 6am, the reason he sweeps it is because I have put the hoover in the garage as he smashed the old one on the stairs and when he does use it he only uses to hoover his own room out. This morning the missus stormed over to his room banging on his door and gave him a few choice words. (she isn't a morning person)

4) He fries food every morning and evening without fail, he even fries his burgers. Now if he wants to kill himself thats fine by me but the problem is he doesn't open the windows despite it being 30c and nor does he clean the hob.

5) Uses the washing machine 2 or 3 times everyday and only puts in 1 or 2 t-shirts on 60c wash.

6) Chucks his fag ends and empty pop bottles out his bedroom window so the side garden is full of them, when confronted he claims it's the kids walking past.

7) I left a t-shirt on the back of a deck chair the other week which I forgot I had left out there. He came and knocked on our door to pay his rent and I noticed the t-shirt he had on under his jacket was mine! I didn't say anything at first as I had to be sure in my head, 2 mins later I went to his room and asked if he was wearing my t-shirt, he replied saying no i found this one in the garden! yea it's mine you tw@t!

8) He forces cough's out every time he comes in or out his bedroom as if to let us know he's going out or coming in. Get's a tad annoying when he's in and and all night.

9) Generally does jack around the house, been here over a year and half now and never seen him clean anywhere around the house or put the bins out.

10) The guys almost 50!

Now I know what your thinking just kick him out or move out, it's not that simple. The missus is known to be shall we say a 'moaning cow' by her family so when she tells them what he does they think shes exaggerating and how can we prove it's him, we need proof to ask him to leave. We are looking to move out although we'd prefer to save abit more so we can get a bigger house than just buying to get away from him and later regretting it.

Why am I telling you all this? first I want to know if any of you lot do any of the above and second I need suggestions how I can make life hell for him in the house so he moves out, let me say now I have no intention of pissing in his milk or any other disgusting acts with his food.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

music my friend, play the music. Loud! Sunday morning.

Do the other asylum seakers think he ought to go as well? Get together and put your points to him.

Shape up or ship out! simples.

Glue his window shut as well!

He gets up at 5.30am every morning without fail even if he's not at work, I've tried the music trick for a week or so instead it got to me as I couldn't concentrate on working, prefer to work in silence.

And we don't live with Asylun Seekers you twonk, one guy uses his room for storage and never stays here, just pays his rent and goes. The other is hardly ever in, always out at work or seeing his kids.

Jesus i don't know how you have put up with it this long ! wierd behaviour - put his rent up first - get our missus to have a word when she is in a bad mood and tell him to pull his weight - can't you have a chat with the mil about it ? she must of noticed something.

david i do sympatise with you m8, its hard enough getting your foot onto the property ladder without having the extra hassle of some slob under your roof,

has he signed a tennancy agreement with you?

does he have a rent book?

if the answer is no to those questions then i think its time BOTH you and your mrs explain the rules of your house while he,s in it.

if when you have read the rules out to him in plain english ,he still decides to act like a nob ,then stick a size 12 shoe up his jacksy,

maybe he doesnt know what he,s like m8?

im sure both of you can tell him good honest home truths without being to nasty shall we say,

if that fails try this----

piss in his milk lol:rolleyes:

Doesnt have a rent book just gets reciepts when he pays, if it was down to us then we'd of kicked him out ages ago. Problem is we have to convince her mum he needs to go which is proving to be a tad difficult.

We've done the letters to all housemates behind her mums back to let him know he needs to start pulling his weight but they must have gone straight into the bin without reading them. We've also tried the knocking on his door everytime he does somthing to wind us up but he just stands there and grunts back like a demented caveman.

I think her mum is abit cautious of kicking people out as she had problems with previous tennents before I moved in. One guy after about a year of living here turned round and said I think I've paid you enough rent now I'm stopping paying now, there was some threats made against other housemates about stabbing them although the Police wouldn't do anything as they need proof or him to actually stab someone before they could do anything. Cost her a couple of grand in court fees to get him evicted but took a few months.

er its not really that normal is it?

ive lived with a few people in my time at uni, and have witnessed many of them things but i think its slightly different when its your mate who does it, who did it without thinking it was wrong, and when we said something to him he did try and be a bit more normal

but from some one who is 50 there something wrong there im not sure how you fight that except the whole pissing in the milk angle

Taking T-Shirt - Theft.

Throwing cigarettes - Vandalism/Littering.

If you take those seriously, he's broken the law a few times.

Frying his food as well? He belongs at Uni.

Maybe put some tempting stuff out like t-shirts, electronics that he might thieve then you'll have some proof.

He's 50???????????

How do you prove it thats the problem, you should of seen the t-shirt he took, "Jack likes a tug in the bath" loved that t-shirt although I binned it now, couldn't bare to wear the thing again.

You think you have problems? I'm living with the couple and they are a right pair of tossers. The lad especially, making accusations about me all the time, there are some kids that hang around near our house and throw fag and pop bottles into the garden, he blames me... I found a shirt in the garden and he claims that it's his, it isn't as who leaves a shirt in the garden? I mean, come on.

He's not considerate to those sleeping, he flushes the toilet at night when everyone is trying to sleep, we have a loud boiler so the water really gets annoying when you have to be up at 5:30AM for work!

I try and help out by leaving things open for easy access, but the ingrates just shut them again. I keep MY room tidy, I even sweep up because the Hoover somehow got broken - asif i don't know. Tw*t.

I think they think I am unclean but I use the washing machine more often than any of them do - a high temp for the best results of course.

I'm getting sick and tired of the pair of them, just the other day I was cleaning my room and the woman comes over and starts having a go at me, I thought you're not this loud at night when i heard the bed creaking.

Oh well, just had to vent.

Off to make a fry up.

Thanks.

I thought about bringing a couple of cameras back from the shop for a couple of nights, heres the problem - if we catch him doing anything nasty in the kitchen yes we'l have the proof to show her mum to convince her to evict him. Then we would have to come up with some other reason to evict him as you can't film people without warning signs saying your being filmed.

Originally posted by Thornhill;21233

You think you have problems? I'm living with the couple and they are a right pair of tossers. The lad especially, making accusations about me all the time, there are some kids that hang around near our house and throw fag and pop bottles into the garden, he blames me... I found a shirt in the garden and he claims that it's his, it isn't as who leaves a shirt in the garden? I mean, come on.

He's not considerate to those sleeping, he flushes the toilet at night when everyone is trying to sleep, we have a loud boiler so the water really gets annoying when you have to be up at 5:30AM for work!

I try and help out by leaving things open for easy access, but the ingrates just shut them again. I keep MY room tidy, I even sweep up because the Hoover somehow got broken - asif i don't know. Tw*t.

I think they think I am unclean but I use the washing machine more often than any of them do - a high temp for the best results of course.

I'm getting sick and tired of the pair of them, just the other day I was cleaning my room and the woman comes over and starts having a go at me, I thought you're not this loud at night when i heard the bed creaking.

Oh well, just had to vent.

Off to make a fry up.

Thanks.

sound like you hooked up with a nightmare couple mate. Have you tried pissing in their milk?

Originally posted by David;21234

I thought about bringing a couple of cameras back from the shop for a couple of nights, heres the problem - if we catch him doing anything nasty in the kitchen yes we'l have the proof to show her mum to convince her to evict him. Then we would have to come up with some other reason to evict him as you can't film people without warning signs saying your being filmed.

It breaks human rights laws to do anything like 'that' in the kitchen or with food though.

Archived