Bryson

valleyram

The whole of the midfield, aswell as the way we set up has to be to blame though surely, I can't recall any of our players standing out in the first few home games this season, as a team we struggled not just Bryson.

As for the away games, I don't think it was down to us having more time on the ball compared to at home. We've seen a lot of the ball especially against Leicester and Burnley at home but found it hard to really create anything worthwhile.

The openness of teams away from home has allowed us to get the results we have, we've looked very good on the counter too.

Going back to my original point, I just think it was a tad harsh to suggest he's only really pushed on since Clough has gone. Plenty of goals and assists before that, including a league hattrick for the first time in over a decade for the club.

Nobody particularly played well, but there were times when the likes of Bryson and Ward barely looked interested which was unacceptable. By this I mean, half hearted challenges, poor passing, chasing shadows and not playing direct football.

There's a difference to how those two played yesterday than the first few games. Bryson is now at the centre of all our play and teams are struggling to tract him. At home in the first few games, play was going through Hughes that led to slow build up and sideways passing which didn't help Bryson at all. Now Hughes is playing at the teams tempo rather than the team playing at his. Leicester and burnley let us have the ball in areas like our own half, when it got to the likes of Bryson and Hughes in attacking areas they we're soon cut out with two players constantly around them. By more time on the ball away I kinda meant what you said, the space offered to him will have made a big difference (I doubt he would get the space he got at pride park like he did for all three millwall goals). Teams were less defensively minded.

There is no taking away the goals he scored and those assists at all. But the difference now is he isn't diving into challenges and looks composed and assured. Essentially now he is winning his battles against opposition players and the first time he did that at home was against Ipswich 2nd half. It isn't because Clough departure that he's improved, he was always that good. But that night he started to look like he could be a big player for derby this season.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived