General news

DcfcNews12

UPDATE

Nigel is very keen to take full advantage of the u21 league and even use it as a way of scouting hidden players with the success of recent players such as Tom Ince being unable to force his way into the liverpool but wanted first team football its a great way of finding a star.

Im yet to get an official update on the 3 players on trial with the u21s but im told they are still there and training. Theres a thought of sending Hoganson out on loan and moving Lowe up to the u21s as a regular.Which will also bring on talented 15 year old versatile defender in the u16s.

Derby have been offering trials to alot of local young non league footballers in hope of finding another Will hughes who was brought to the club at 15 from Mickelover Sports.One Lad is Called Dominic Powell and he plays for a team called Zeals Fc i think he is a striker.

The plans of being made Category 1 are still being processed and are yet to be fully completed.

Theres been talks of official partnerships with local clubs and Futsals teams to monitor and bring through players that way.

One to Watch

Kwame Thomas-Striker

On a Hot streak with the u18s and wanting to regain a place in the England international side he will be key player for the squad this season and hopefully linking up well with Verham who also has an eye for goal.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Check out 

@Derby_Youth

Unofficial but good source for people on twitter alot plus they have followed alot of the players.

U16s look really good this year and still unbeaten.2/3 14 year olds in around the squad aswell.

On the u21s i have been impressed with trialist luke hendrie looks a good player has good technically ability 

Leicester have tried to get him and him to there ever growing ex man u players but the lad from what im a where is enjoying it alot.

I was disappointed in hendrie looked neat technically but looked very slow and just ok. Would we have taken him on trial if it wasn't for his dad? He's already been to Lcfc they said no, he's also been to nffc for a week and they said no. Seen him 4 times and for me not good enough. Very surprised we didn't offer josh thomas a contract thought he was outstanding when he played against Matlock, he did well against mickleover too.... Getting kicked off the park but he seemed to thrive on it. He was on trial for 5 weeks Shame that we didn't sign him..

I was disappointed in hendrie looked neat technically but looked very slow and just ok. Would we have taken him on trial if it wasn't for his dad? He's already been to Lcfc they said no, he's also been to nffc for a week and they said no. Seen him 4 times and for me not good enough. Very surprised we didn't offer josh thomas a contract thought he was outstanding when he played against Matlock, he did well against mickleover too.... Getting kicked off the park but he seemed to thrive on it. He was on trial for 5 weeks Shame that we didn't sign him..

I thought he looked composed but in can see what you mean.I think josh thomas must have been snapped up somewhere else.

Archived