NFL thread

Perky1106

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Free agency seems to have gone v quiet. 

I quite like Chargers' move although we haven't broken the bank. Benjamin played well for the Browns last year - with a good and consistent QB he could definitely break out. Mebane and Lowery are good fits schematically. Heyward looks like a nice pick-up and when put alongside Verrett could make up one of the better CB groups in the league.

Also @Srg - enjoy Weddle

Broncos value Kap at a 4th round pick. 49ers are holding out for better. April 1 is when $12m of his salary becomes guaranteed next season. Probably going to be quiet for a while. 

Just now, Animal is a Ram said:

Kap is up there with Cam Newton as an irrational hate figure for me :lol: 

Don't know much about Kap tbh, have no feelings either way. Think he looks like a bit of a knob though.

Only defend Cam because I've been watching him and reading about him since his college days, as I follow LSU, and he made LSU look like fools = instant fandom! :lol:

Oh, the Broncos trading for Sanchez went straight by me, only just noticed it had happened. Obviously with a view to being the backup but with potential to be a starter, definitely a competitive guy.

I hope they have to roll with him as their starter... I really don't want Kap at the Broncos because I think he'd love Kubiak's system and they maybe able to 'fix' him. Although, the alternative is the Browns and playing the damn guy twice a year. At least the Browns never fix anyone.

Just now, Srg said:

I hope they have to roll with him as their starter... I really don't want Kap at the Broncos because I think he'd love Kubiak's system and they maybe able to 'fix' him. Although, the alternative is the Browns and playing the damn guy twice a year. At least the Browns never fix anyone.

I agree, I don't think anyone's going to be troublesome for you at the Browns tbh, such a stagnant organisation. 

Just now, SaintRam said:

I agree, I don't think anyone's going to be troublesome for you at the Browns tbh, such a stagnant organisation. 

Doesn't overly make sense for the Browns either - they really need to just embrace the roster gutting and just put hot garbage on the field for a couple of years and hope they hit on a couple of picks - like the Raiders did.

1 minute ago, Srg said:

Doesn't overly make sense for the Browns either - they really need to just embrace the roster gutting and just put hot garbage on the field for a couple of years and hope they hit on a couple of picks - like the Raiders did.

Browns have been in the top 10 picks in the draft for 4 of the last 5 years, three of those years have an extra first round pick. That's 7 first rounders.

Barkevious Mingo (amazing name, by the way); Justin Gilbert; Danny Shelton; Cameron Erving; they're the four of those 7 who still play for the Browns and while all but Gilbert played 16 games last season they're hardly making plays week in week out.

If Browns want to get things moving they need to get someone in who knows how to draft - they need to draft some cornerstones.

Khalili Mack, Amari Cooper and Carr at the Raiders form a very solid foundation for that team. 

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Browns have been in the top 10 picks in the draft for 4 of the last 5 years, three of those years have an extra first round pick. That's 7 first rounders.

Barkevious Mingo (amazing name, by the way); Justin Gilbert; Danny Shelton; Cameron Erving; they're the four of those 7 who still play for the Browns and while all but Gilbert played 16 games last season they're hardly making plays week in week out.

If Browns want to get things moving they need to get someone in who knows how to draft - they need to draft some cornerstones.

Khalili Mack, Amari Cooper and Carr at the Raiders form a very solid foundation for that team. 

Hue Jackson, you'd think, has some chops from the Bengals. They have perennially had a pretty well rounded roster for a while now (just been held back by subpar playoff quarterbacking)

1 minute ago, Srg said:

Hue Jackson, you'd think, has some chops from the Bengals. They have perennially had a pretty well rounded roster for a while now (just been held back by subpar playoff quarterbacking)

I don't think it's only the QBing holding them back, although it is an issue. A lot of their big players turn invisible in playoff games. 

Just now, SaintRam said:

I don't think it's only the QBing holding them back, although it is an issue. A lot of their big players turn invisible in playoff games. 

Guess that's true. They always seem to have something which isn't constant from year to year... for example, Geno Atkins just disappeared the other year, then AJ Green is injured another year etc

Certainly expect the Ravens to be more competitive this season, but the AFC North is probably the toughest overall division in the AFC, no one amazing team but 3 very solid teams. AFC West could be feisty next season though. East too. 

7 minutes ago, Srg said:

Not good for Ravens, we really need QBs taken before us. I'll be so underwhelmed by Ronnie Stanley.

I know the 5 ahead of him in that draft are the headliners but Stanley's a good player. But you think you'd prefer an O or D player?

Archived