League Cup 3rd Round draw

CumbrianRam

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You Derby born? That's an away game I wouldn't attend!! Not unless I made a weeks holiday out of it.

No born and bred Cumbrian, got blame my dad for being a Derby fan, both used to be a season ticket holders at PP until about 2006

He hates Carlisle had his car nicked there when watching a game in the early 90s found it in a hedge two miles away.

No born and bred Cumbrian, got blame my dad for being a Derby fan, used to be a season ticket holder at PP until about 2006

He hates Carlisle had his car nicked there when watching a game in the early 90s found it in a hedge two miles away.

Oh right. It's a hell of a trek to watch us play. Our nearest Championship opponents to you are who? Boro? Blackpool? Someone like that? Leeds maybe? Boro must be 2/3 hours away?

Oh right. It's a hell of a trek to watch us play. Our nearest Championship opponents to you are who? Boro? Blackpool? Someone like that? Leeds maybe? Boro must be 2/3 hours away?

It does take time but the route is pretty easy if you have a got a car down the M6 turn off at Stoke join the A50 to Derby, you could also do the A6 all the way but you go through a load of urban areas.

Takes about 3 hours and a bit on the train after a change at Crewe or Lancaster/Preston and Crewe, sometimes you have to go by Manchester and Sheffield.

My pal, Gillingham fan, has done Margate (or near enough to Margate) to Carlisle.

There and back on a Saturday.

Whoa! That'd have to be some game. The only way I'd go from Derby to Carlisle is either a game + weeks holiday or a crunch game.

I just put that into maps app and that's 6 hours in the car.

I reckon that's why our support is ****, and teams on the tips of the country generally have good support, Plymouth, Newcastle etc, Gillinghams away support is quite decent.

You lot think about 3-4 hours is a long journey.

Hope you aint texting whilst driving back to Kent !

It does take time but the route is pretty easy if you have a got a car down the M6 turn off at Stoke join the A50 to Derby, you could also do the A6 all the way but you go through a load of urban areas.

Takes about 3 hours and a bit on the train after a change at Crewe or Lancaster and Crewe, sometimes you have to go by Manchester and Sheffield.

Be alright but the M6 down near Stoke seems to be the first road to drop to 50mph at peak times.

You do that trek every other week when you had ST's?

Nice!

Be alright but the M6 down near Stoke seems to be the first road to drop to 50mph at peak times.

You do that trek every other week when you had ST's?

Nice!

yeah, but we stopped just before the promotion season. Went to occasional games until about 2009 haven't been to once since.

Funny thing is that I can do direct to London on train quicker than getting to Derby in the train or car.

I reckon that's why our support is ****, and teams on the tips of the country generally have good support, Plymouth, Newcastle etc, Gillinghams away support is quite decent.

You lot think about 3-4 hours is a long journey.

Yeah. Just after a week grafting (manual job) I hate losing 5 hours of my Saturday to watch us play that horrible flat line system and win only a handful.. When it improves I bet a lot come out that think the same way.

Nowadays it's less than 2 hours or a guaranteed good day regardless of result. (Brighton for example)

Millwall can fook right off until this away form has deffo changed for good

Yeah. Just after a week grafting (manual job) I hate losing 5 hours of my Saturday to watch us play that horrible flat line system and win only a handful.. When it improves I bet a lot come out that think the same way.

Nowadays it's less than 2 hours or a guaranteed good day regardless of result. (Brighton for example)

Millwall can fook right off until this away form has deffo changed for good

I like going Millwall, drinking around London Bridge is decent.

But then, I just like going to London for games, good feel around the places, grounds tightly packed in some London dive, hard to explain. 

Archived