TV Shows to Watch Before You Die

cannable

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kind of difficult to disagree with any of that. Part of me almost wishes that they ended it after season 5. They should have finished off the ramifications from the season 4 finale and then geared towards a conclusion. As it was it ended up going for at least a couple of years too long and more and more brain-fart decisions encroached.

On Luther at the mo and it is DENCH!!! All I want more than anything is a hug from big Elba telling me everything is ok :wub: . Oh and on the same genre I recently discovered a Touch of Frost which is David Jason at his best, some cracking one liners and his Del-Boyesque shuffle keeps you giggling through what can be some serious subjects and scenes, cracking!

Generation Kill is a great HBO miniseries from 2008.

It's effectively Band of Brothers in Iraq and paints a very damming picture of the US led invasion and does a great job of covering all angles of being a marine. 

I highly recommend it. 

Breaking Bad, finished it last week. Never seen the likes. Don't normally get caught up in series and that stuff but it's on a different level .

Got it downloaded, just need a timeslot where I know I won't be interupted so I can watch a good 5-6 episodes in a sitting.

I've not watched a single episode yet, but too many people, with opinions I respect, have told me I need to watch it.

they announced that there will be one more season of Boardwalk Empire and it will end. I suppose, thinking sensibly, it has to end before they ruin it. But it is a good programme.

Was a bit gutted about that.

Still undecided whether it's the right thing to do or not, time will tell. Still cant see what's going to happen in the next series after how they ended this one. 

Got it downloaded, just need a timeslot where I know I won't be interupted so I can watch a good 5-6 episodes in a sitting.

I've not watched a single episode yet, but too many people, with opinions I respect, have told me I need to watch it.

Had two days off in December and got through the first two series, then rattled through it in January.

Literally jaw dropping. I'm jealous that you've got it all to come.

The X-Files is my personal favourite of all time, the chemistry between David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson was incredible. It was generally very well written as well.

I also loved:

Lost

Twin Peaks

Dexter

The Sopranos

The Wire

Entourage

Six Feet Under

Oz

what season of the wire was the best?

Archived