official site time warp?

stan_essex

First we sign a striker from Bradford Park Avenue, now a manager from Hartlepool, no wonder we only finished 18th in the league, shocking lack of vision and ambition from the board. If we ever get promotion with non league Brian in charge I'll run round Derby naked. Boo, Clough out, board out.

Christ, now he's signed some bloody kid called McFarland from Tranmere. Peter Stone in our reserves is loads better than him.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently we and 11 other teams are creating some kind of league? 

Yep. One of those is Accrington Stanley.

Who are they?

<nerd moment> Accrington Stanley are totally unrelated. Sorry to spoil your joke. </nerd moment>

We were regressing through time (as indicated by the title of the thread) - and whereas I appreciate that the current Accrington Stanley are nothing to do with the Accrington Stanley of 1888 which folded 78 years later, nobody was talking about the current Accrington Stanley. I was replying to the post by Hucknall Ram where he suggested that 'we and 11 others are thinking of forming a league' - and Accrington Stanley were one of the six Lancastrian clubs in the 'other 11'.

Sorry to obliterate your smugness so harshly.

;)

We were regressing through time (as indicated by the title of the thread) - and whereas I appreciate that the current Accrington Stanley are nothing to do with the Accrington Stanley of 1888 which folded 78 years later, nobody was talking about the current Accrington Stanley. I was replying to the post by Hucknall Ram where he suggested that 'we and 11 others are thinking of forming a league' - and Accrington Stanley were one of the six Lancastrian clubs in the 'other 11'.

Sorry to obliterate your smugness so harshly.

;)

You enjoyed it too much to be sorry ;)

Archived