Good Pubs In Derbyshire

Shuff264

oh dear, it's a shame, as I used to love their ales. Especially when the original stables bar was open at park hall.

That was such a fun quirky place. Shame he had to close it. If he concentrated on getting a few of his beers right instead of fannying around with them he might do better. Ask why hardly any other pubs than the Oak sells his ales

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was such a fun quirky place. Shame he had to close it. If he concentrated on getting a few of his beers right instead of fannying around with them he might do better. Ask why hardly any other pubs than the Oak sells his ales

true, I've not seen any at my local the black bulls head?

• 1 month later...

my local the black bulls head?

Finally got round to trying this one last night. Really liked it, and the beer was perfection.

Not so sure about the 'complimentary' bowl of wasabi beans though. What is that stuff, earwax and mustard..?

I used to like the New Inn at Little Eaton when I was a kid - I used to go and pick up my grandad's jug of mild and 10 Capstan at lunchtime and bring them back for him (minus a sip or two, of course).

I went in there about 20-something years ago and this very old chap - flat cap, waistcoat, the lot - looked up from his game of Doms, eyed me up and down and said "You're Ned's grandson!" (note: not "You're Reg's son").

He was right - but the amazing thing was that my grandfather had been dead for 30 years. Apparently there is a good likeness. 

Finally got round to trying this one last night. Really liked it, and the beer was perfection.

Not so sure about the 'complimentary' bowl of wasabi beans though. What is that stuff, earwax and mustard..?

that was currency, we trade special beans in Belper. Some of the beans stalks grow on forever.

Archived