Insert moan thread here

Hans

Hughes himself has said that the hole is his best position.

It's an interesting argument though. If played in the hole he could absolutely devastate teams, picking up the ball in those pockets of space and running at the opposition defense, slipping in through balls (like for Sammon's goal against Leeds). On the other hand the way we use him now seems to improve the fluency of our football (in my humble opinion).

Just for the record Hughes himself did not say in the hole is his best position. He said it is his original position that he used to play in Junior football and the position he favours the most. 

However it could quite easily be his best position, i would like to see it in a derby shirt.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the point he's making us we haven't been far away from some of the draws being wins and losses being draws.

We haven't been outplayed in a lot if games

Away points thrown away that I can remember off the top of my head

Wednesday

Cardiff

Blackpool

That's 5 points

Should have beat wolves too

Not too far away from where it needs to be.

We have lost just over half of our away games - which means we have got points in just under half too of them too.

We need to start getting more clean sheets, 2 clean sheets in all of our away games this season is not good enough, means we have to score at least one goal to get anything from a game

Archived