20 goal a season striker?

CrimsonRam

That's one thing I began noticing...his positioning. At first when I told people I didn't know if it was intelligence or dumb look. But after a few more games I pointed out how he was making these checks, timing his acceleration. We were just disappointed with his conversion rate. With that in mind someone like Hughes and Theo's timing and positioning and enough chances will get created. If Theo played every game this season for us I can honestly say he would have got 20. 

Probably but we wouldn't be in a better position for it...

look at Blackburn fans, can't stand Rhodes for his overall contribution but scores the goals. If you have a good team, in all positions - never mind if they're 'goalscorers' or not, you'll be fine.

Theo will fall down the leagues, shame we couldn't cash him on him when we had the chance... 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Theo will not fall down the leagues aslong as a team who knows how to use him plays him correctly. There is a reason he was being looked at by other clubs at the tail end of last season, and he was finally starting to improve with us.

We would be in a far better position now had he played all of the games that Sammon has, if he'd had Martin feeding him or at the very least further games upfront with Sammon, he'd have reached atleast 15, possibly even just off of 20 had we (and he) stayed consistent with the football we were playing.

Archived