Anyone fancy a nice Belgian beer?

eddie

Tonight we re-visited an old favourite bar of ours - the Don Quichotte pub at the top of the Markt square.

We had a 'nothing under 10%' evening, which proved to be particularly painless. And it's still bloody snowing here, but the fabulous hot dogs by the Belfort made us forget the weather. The beer may have had something to do with that too. The Memsahib, bless her, is trying to redeem herself. Aware that she has disgraced herself before all of Ramkind, she is now trying to wheedle herself back into my good books by issuing such platitudes as "That Rochefort Trappistes 10 is really nice".

I'm not convinced that it isn't a front.

I'm taking her back to Staminee De Garre tomorrow. If she orders coffee again, then she's bloody walking back to Derby.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She did have a beer in the Staminee De Garre second time around (Brugse Zot) so all is forgiven.

Boat trip next then a couple in 't Brugs Beertje and we will be ready for soep, tostis and the main evening session.

God, I love this city.

The trip across takes around 13 hours. We were lucky - it was flat calm.

Total price was a couple of hundred for the pair of us (that's me and the unspeakable one who had a bloody coffee in the best bar in the world). £248 if we bought the car. That includes cabins (they are compulsory). If you could get cheap flights to Brussels that might be a cheaper way of getting over - the rail links in Belgium are superb.

Boycie hasn't replied to this as he is on his way, loves his trains he does. :lol:

Boycie hasn't replied to this as he is on his way, loves his trains he does. :lol:

I'll be in 't Brugs Beertje from around 6, then Don Quichotte from 9. I look forward to seeing him. I'll be the fat old guy lying on the floor.

Archived