Here we go again

DCFCPhoenix

It's not about waving a magic wand, sure we need fundamental change but its only going to happen if people pull together and realise we haven't gotten anywhere and that change is good. Things usually get worse before they get better.

Well to expect a new board, new manager and a new squad and for them to instantly challenge for promotion I would say is magic wand material.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apologies, Im just passionate about my club, and I don't have a problem with the players because its Clough and the Boards fault for signing them, my problem lies with management, I will always and always have clapped those who wear the Derby shirt. I just won't pander or praise a man who evidently is and never will be his father, apart from the name.

Which signings are you unhappy with and why do you blame the board for signing them?

Would you be happy with a board that didn't back their manager?

If you know he isnt and never will be his father then why even bother to compare them?

Why wouldn't managers come here?

Every time, people try and make a list of out of work managers. But why not in work managers? 

Derby is still a big club with a great history, fan base, and facilities. 

This club would still have a LOT of interest if the managers job were made available. 

thats true we have great facilities, but i cant see us paying compensation for a manager in work. also if were to pay compo it'll probably be to a lower league team and they'll be the same he's not experienced at this level etc.

Because other people (a small minority) think and hold out that he might be his dad, maybe we only hired him because of the transport budget, we could only afford the bus fare down to Burton to talk to him.

I would be happy with a board that showed ambition, even it were only a little, this board has flip flopped so much as to what their ambitions are is evident they don't know what they are talking about.

I blame Clough for signing them, the board give him a budget, its his job as a manager to sign the players he wants with his budget.

Which signings are you unhappy with and why do you blame the board for signing them?

Would you be happy with a board that didn't back their manager?

If you know he isnt and never will be his father then why even bother to compare them?

Well to expect a new board, new manager and a new squad and for them to instantly challenge for promotion I would say is magic wand material.

Watford, fairly new board, brand new manager, almost completely new team made up of loans. This team is likely to finish in a play off position at the very least.

I bet their fans must hate it that they have'nt taken 10 years to allow Graham Taylor's son the opportunity to build a team of local lads off the park into an all conquering premiership team.

Funny what can achieved by combining ambition with Resources and know how.

Watford, fairly new board, brand new manager, almost completely new team made up of loans. This team is likely to finish in a play off position at the very least.

I bet their fans must hate it that they have'nt taken 10 years to allow Graham Taylor's son the opportunity to build a team of local lads off the park into an all conquering premiership team.

You can't say that resources = success as a truism, look at Leicester, struggling to keep their place in the play off's, must have the biggest squad and wage bill in the division, nearly £80 million quid in hock, had a Uefa Cup Winners Cup Manager in charge and still can't get out of the Championship 3 times in asking.

The truth is there are loads of different models, safe to say our boards conservative cut approach doesn't work.

Of course you're right. No point in comparing to other models. Each clubs situation is unique. What is clear is our approach is failing.

You can't say that resources = success as a truism, look at Leicester, struggling to keep their place in the play off's, must have the biggest squad and wage bill in the division, nearly £80 million quid in hock, had a Uefa Cup Winners Cup Manager in charge and still can't get out of the Championship 3 times in asking.

I used Watford as an example because G-Star suggested that it could not be done in the manner that they have achieved this season.

I accept that spending money is no guarantee of success but not spending enough on players will almost certainly result in continued failure. Look at the link between expenditure and league position in Europe's top divisions and i think you will find that this is borne out.

I used Watford as an example because G-Star suggested that it could not be done in the manner that they have achieved this season.

I accept that spending money is no guarantee of success but not spending enough on players will almost certainly result in continued failure. Look at the link between expenditure and league position in Europe's top divisions and i think you will find that this is borne out.

I agree that in the top divisions of whatever European league you care to examine there is a direct correlation between money spent/wage bill and league position. However this is not necessarily true for the divisions further down, for example the Championship, where financial clout will not alone get you to the top of the tree. Good team organisation, playing to a system, managerial nous and motivation are all just as key as having financial backing. Which is a shame as Clough has none of the above qualities. 

They must take great pride from seeing Udinese reserves getting into a play off place.

I'd rather watch us play in the conference than do what they are doing.

Archived