Buying tickets-help?!

laura_h1988

Hello all.

I hope this question hasn't been asked a million times, but I did a search and couldn't find anything.

I'm wanting to buy tickets for Derby Vs Millwall for dad's birthday, he's a lifelong fan but has somehow never been to a match?!

And basically, I'm confused!

Tickets in the upper SW corner stand seem significantly cheaper than the rest of the stadium, is this because they are terrible seats? If so, where's recommended? Upper north stand, section C or D?

How does the demand pricing work too? Are prices likely to decrease, or being so far in advance, are these the best prices available? I'll be peed off if prices drop loads after I buy!

Sorry, 20 questions, I just don't want to get it wrong!

Thanks 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The SW corner is better than the North Stand in my opinion, though it all depends on whether you prefer a corner/side view (SW corner) or a behind the goal view (North Stand).

Price wise, i doubt they will go down tbh. The last game of the season tends to be reasonably full. Also it COULD be a play off decider for the 2 teams, and who thought anybody would be saying that halfway through the season.

Should be quite a 'tasty' atmosphere this game, i expect around 3000 Wall fans will be up for it.

The view from the SW corner is fine - but there are a few restricted view bits, which are generally behind the barriers which protect the staicase entrances. Just state to the staff member that you don't want a restricted view ticket.

Personally I don't like being in the corner so the North Stand would be my choice of the two, but its just personal preference. The SW corner is next to the away fans and opposite the SE corner where most of our louder fans sit. That means that you get a more 'noisy' experience in the SW corner than the North Stand - which again could be good or bad depending on your preference. The SW corner also involves climbing up an extra set of steps and the exit sends you out into a stream of departing away fans - which with Millwall's reputation might be something to think about.

The ticket prices never go down - although the system is currently under review. I would advise buying the seats as soon as you can, because they are likely to get significantly more expensive.

Depending what kind of man he is, whether he likes the atmosphere, and like singing/chanting then I'd go for the East Stand/slightly towards to the south east corner, good view and good singing. However, if he wants a good view of the game than there's nothing better than South-west upper, as close to the halfway line as possible, but the atmosphere is poor.

Pricing wise, we are on a good run at the moment, and if we maintain this top 10 finish and are pushing towards the play offs, prices will rise! However, we could easily go on a 6 game losing streak near the game and the prices could reduce, it's the chance you take unfortunately! I think buying them now would be the sensible option, and guarantees you a set for the game, as closer to the time your options may be limited. I doubt you'll pay over £28 for an adult, for anywhere in the stadium so it's not too expensive.

Hope this helps 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Has any price of any ticket gone down since demand based pricing started?

I thought the prices all started at the lowest price for that game and rose until peaking on the day of the game. A system designed to get fans to commit early and reduce walk up trade to manageable levels?

Has any price of any ticket gone down since demand based pricing started?

I thought the prices all started at the lowest price for that game and rose until peaking on the day of the game. A system designed to get fans to commit early and reduce walk up trade to manageable levels?

From the examples I've seen people give it seems all tickets start a fair bit cheaper than they ever were before.

Would be interesting to see if they could be monitored to see at what rate they increase.

Archived