Michael Jacobs

cob66

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, I think I remember that actually!

Was it at the back post? A volley from a few yards out that he caught wrong?

The way fans get on his back (at matches) has probably damaged him now though?

Bit like Tom Carroll. It's almost like bullying. I know it's just frustration but it just piles pressure on

Yeah that's it.

Completely agree, the hassle he gets has probably killed his confidence (in football terms).

The time I felt most sorry for him was away at Peterborough last season. He was in some bizarre right wing back role, he didn't really know what he was doing, and every time he misplaced a pass everyone was slating him. He could probably hear it word for word and he kept screaming at himself. It wasn't nice to see at all, and I blasted Clough for that.

He's obviously not up to it for one reason or another, it just seems a shame for him that his time is being wasted on the bench, and a shame for us that we're paying his wages if, realistically, he ain't gonna get a game. We might as well put an academy product on the bench.

Clough did say he'd need to prosper this year to be kept on so his time is likely up, but if he's going to get a run, Saturday wouldn't be a bad time to start.

Ah, I think I remember that actually!

Was it at the back post? A volley from a few yards out that he caught wrong?

The way fans get on his back (at matches) has probably damaged him now though?

Bit like Tom Carroll. It's almost like bullying. I know it's just frustration but it just piles pressure on

I agree. At Huddersfield I was embarrassed to be a Derby fan. He had a bad start and got pilloried. He then played well for 30-40 minutes and as soon as he missed a quarter chance he was vilified. I can't begin to even understand that mindset.

I agree. At Huddersfield I was embarrassed to be a Derby fan. He had a bad start and got pilloried. He then played well for 30-40 minutes and as soon as he missed a quarter chance he was vilified. I can't begin to even understand that mindset.

Reminds me of the Gary Teale days. Something would happen on the other side of the pitch and people would somehow find a way to blame him. We even sang "he used to be sh*te but now hes alright", but then again that was brilliant.

Conor Doyle a tidal wave of recognision that I started when I joined I am glad I have persuaded you bring on Tranmere although my season ticket is by the home dugout and as I was talking to the steward Doyle tripped on either where the wires travel through or a drain he looked to be in pain for a minute and then carried on I looked at him very disappointedly, my favourite Doyle moment of the season is half time of the Leeds game he seemed to be very skilful, back to Jacobs a natural up from although seemed to play more of a centre forward role, an exciting prospect this move can only mean Theo and Nathan out

Archived