Sam Rush

Derby born & bred

I've met him his head is screwed on tightly, down to earth person, supports Arsenal. Knows what he wants to do with the club an catagorises the league

Clubs who have money and can spend it

Clubs with foreign owners who spend lots of money

And honest clubs with a loyal fan base who spend reasonable amounts of money and that is where he puts derby, he prefers rugby though he played for Oxford, and has established links with agents of players as he owns and is one, although Glick was okay for the community I think Rush is what the club needs

he support Arsenal, not Derby?

GIRT! Fetch the 12 bore!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of football managers have never left the game of football and are about as clever as your average proffessional footballer.

Clough has the ability to keep a proffesional relationship going, I'm sure. I don't really see him throwing his teddies out of the pram now when he's had the same job for 4 years.

A lot of petulant managers would see this as an opportunity to get more money put into the squad to boost the season and their CV so they can move on. If they don't get what they want, they go to the press. Clough wouldn't.

Long story short, our manager has too much pride in his proffesion to fall out with him, and if he does, then I doubt we'd even know.

I doubt clough would fit in a pram and even if he could i'd say he's too old to have teddys.

I listened to a question and answer session between Sam Rush and Roger D. the other night at the ex-DCFC players evening. Had to say he came across really well.

Thinks his biggest challenge is getting the attendances to start creeping back up. Doesn't expect to have any money to spend (paraphrasing a little there), but does expect us to compete in the top 10. Wants everyone to do their job to the best of their capabilities.

He played rugby for Saracens but clearly knows his football.

When asked about supporting Arsenal he said that his son asked him what to do with his red and white scarf when they moved house.... his answer was give it to charity.

He got a load of abuse off Roy Mac for being a football agent, and took it in good spirits with a smile.

Overall, impressive - and his Mrs would get it.

I listened to a question and answer session between Sam Rush and Roger D. the other night at the ex-DCFC players evening. Had to say he came across really well.

Thinks his biggest challenge is getting the attendances to start creeping back up. Doesn't expect to have any money to spend (paraphrasing a little there), but does expect us to compete in the top 10. Wants everyone to do their job to the best of their capabilities.

When asked about supporting Arsenal he said that his son asked him what to do with his red and white scarf when they moved house.... his answer was give it to charity.

He got a load of abuse off Roy Mac for being a football agent, and took it in good spirits with a smile.

I was there thought the manager section was good

Just read on another Derby site that Sam Rush will be holding fans forums when he starts in January, so what would you ask him?

Me, i think I would like to know were the club is heading? What ambitions do the owners and the company who run us have? and what time scale do they have to get us back into the PREM???? And PLEASE no more 5 yr plans.

I've a feeling he may prove to be refreshingly straight talking.

Archived