UEFA Pan-European Euro 2020

CumbrianRam

I don't see much wrong with it really, I like the idea of the games going to the fans. The amount of people that actually go to all their countty's games is pretty miniscule. Didn't Spain have something like only 2,000 fans actually at the final?

Have you ever been to a major championship Duracell, just wondering what your thoughts would be on taking away the experience ?

I have been to a few in my younger days, and this idea to me just takes the whole fun out of following your country, as an England fan who lets face isnt going to see their country win it. There is nothing better than spending a few weeks over in another country, sampling the local delights whilst having football fans from all other countries to drink or have banter with.

It does open the game up to other people yes, but these are people that probably aren't die hard fans who follow their country, and by doing this it will probably lead to a much poorer atmosphere, from more “prawn sandwich” fans. We have qualifying games, and to me this isn’t going to be much different now. Just my opinion for what its worth.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you ever been to a major championship Duracell, just wondering what your thoughts would be on taking away the experience ?

I have been to a few in my younger days, and this idea to me just takes the whole fun out of following your country, as an England fan who lets face isnt going to see their country win it. There is nothing better than spending a few weeks over in another country, sampling the local delights whilst having football fans from all other countries to drink or have banter with.

It does open the game up to other people yes, but these are people that probably aren't die hard fans who follow their country, and by doing this it will probably lead to a much poorer atmosphere, from more “prawn sandwich” fans. We have qualifying games, and to me this isn’t going to be much different now. Just my opinion for what its worth.

I haven't been myself, no, but my experiences of other similar events means I know what you're on about, and yes, I agree it's a shame to lose out on those experiences.

I would perhaps be a little more angry with the decision if this was somehow permanent, but I think it's a nice thing to try for one year and to accomodate for the fans that simply can't afford to travel abroad in the first instance.

I have lots of other hobbies and interests that I'd far sooner spend money on that watching England lose in some Eastern European country where I might be beaten up for being ginger, but I find the prospect of watching a European finals match down the road for less than a three figure sum is pretty attractive and tempting.

The novelty will wear off and I'm sure we'll go back to nations hosting tournaments.

I would perhaps be a little more angry with the decision if this was somehow permanent, but I think it's a nice thing to try for one year and to accomodate for the fans that simply can't afford to travel abroad in the first instance.

This is the part that really scares me. I feel this decision, along with the extension of the CL, is UEFA testing the water to see how a European super league would work.

On a much clearer scale, it's terrible for the fans. Interrailing around Europe is one thing but following England in Moscow one night, then a game in Istanbul 3 days later shows a real lack of class towards travelling fans, though i wouldn't expect anything less from UEFA.

I can see why it's popular for fairweather, "fans of football" mind, bet they would love Greece v Poland at Wembley, for everybody that actually likes to follow their nation it's terrible.

At least France 2016 will be a cracker.

Archived