Blackburn fan here

Blacky Chappers

Morning everyone! Blackburn fan here, thought I'd drop in and say hello before our game with your lot this weekend? Anyone up for taking me on ih a friendly bet on the outcome? I've got a feeling we're going to come away with a win, however much doom and gloom is surrounding our lot at the moment... may the best man or woman win!

Ellie

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think we could do a lot worse (cough Shearer cough Keane). Always suspicious of coaches appointed as managers without management experience (almost as much as managers appointed just because they were good players), but at least Sherwood has built up a reputation as being a good coach and seen as having qualities to succeed as a manager. Being linked with Solskjaer is interesting, respect his approach of learning his trade, heard he's done well in his management career so far. Not against getting somebody doing a good job in lower divisions but not really an expert on who's who in League 1 and 2 - just need to be guaranteed time to make an impression. To be frank, while Venky's are around, a good manager might be wasted on us. Kean was awful, but not the problem. What do you all think of Clough?

To be honest judging by your fans over-reaction to events, you'd have probably hung our board and previous and current managers from the rafters by now. Try getting relegated with 11 points, a battle to even stay in this league (let alone push for a return) for a few seasons and then finding ourselves at best a midtable championship side. Its been a reality check for us that its all about moolah and we don't really have any or certainly aren't prepared to lose what our competition do.

I'd probably expect a draw. Had a right laugh at Blackburn away a few years ago on our last Premier league away game, its a great small town football club, just a shame about its recent PR.

Kean out!!

Sorry, it's catchy.

About Kean, it was silly. You wanted him out last year, fair enough.

But then your board let's him buy players, one was £8m, you were 3rd in the league and he loses one game.... He gets sacked!!

Why not sack him last season? Losing 1 game and being 3rd can only reflect bad on the club. There could be an argument that he was starting to turn it around and found his level (although he was always doomed). The forced resignation or whatever should of been in the summer or when/if things go proper pear shaped in this season.... Which they haven't yet.

I'd say 2/3 Derby fans like Nigel. We get angry about some of his faults.

His defensive tactics in closing games out have backfired a lot of times.

He makes odd team selections quite often

He makes odd substitutions(linked with seeing games out)

But many still like him, believe if he was backed financially we'd be pulling our weight more.

Then there's some who feel he should be doing better. That his tactics cost us too many pts. That his team selections are often suicidal and his scouting network doesn't go much further than the end of his drive.

I'd say only 1/3 think like that. I suppose thats still a lot of people but it's easy to understand when since we set a lovely new record in the premiership we've had nothing to lift us again. It's been about stability.

Stability is boring. Important but boring

I'd say 2/3 Derby fans like Nigel. We get angry about some of his faults.

His defensive tactics in closing games out have backfired a lot of times.

He makes odd team selections quite often

He makes odd substitutions(linked with seeing games out)

But many still like him, believe if he was backed financially we'd be pulling our weight more.

Stability is boring. Important but boring

Spot on Alpha.

Completely agree with you about the timing of the Kean sacking. Absolutely ridiculous, it sometimes looks as if the owners/board just have a regular brainstorm on what is the absolute worst thing they could do at that particular time, and then they go and do it.... we are in danger of sinking like Portsmouth and I think Jack Walker deserved better after doing his best to ensure the club would be in good hands following his death.

On Clough, good call, I remember reading With Clough by Taylor when I was younger, had never quite got just how much of genius the man was... As for Nigel, would take him at Blackburn to be honest (especially the stability that seems to follow him) but understand your points about some are disattisfied with him.

He wasnt sacked, thought he resigned?

I think he may have had the chance to walk away before he was pushed. After all the flak and getting relegated he never seemed to doubt himself so I doubt he'd walk when they were 3rd.

I've not said owt dodgy there have I? Just I THINK he may have been shown the door rather than pushed through it.

I think he may have had the chance to walk away before he was pushed. After all the flak and getting relegated he never seemed to doubt himself so I doubt he'd walk when they were 3rd.

I've not said owt dodgy there have I? Just I THINK he may have been shown the door rather than pushed through it.

[url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19766783]http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19766783

I could probably say we are both right but that aint my style, so once again you are wrong and Im correct!!!

[url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19766783]http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19766783

I could probably say we are both right but that aint my style, so once again you are wrong and Im correct!!!

You and the BBC are wrong.

And you're a lazy linker.

Tbf you should of been banned months ago. But with Daveo on FIFA, Boycie working on puns and the rest of them all too scared to make the big calls you're still here.

There'll be a lot of changes when I complete my takeover.

One my best best buddies is a Blackburn fan and I went with him to see Tottenham v. Blackburn last year. Must say Blackburn were the worst team I've ever seen play - not one shot the entire game. The Blackburn fans though were hilarious, with plenty of ironic chanting. Really enjoyed the atmosphere even though Blackburn lost 2-0.

I'll be at the game this weekend with my aforementioned friend, and hope Blackburn put in a similar performance - I want a Rams win!

Yeeeeelllooooooowww!

Archived