Microsoft Excel Training.

SillyBilly

Anybody know of an IT company that provides a good advanced course in excel, home based, easy to follow, do at your own pace? I've googled and had an overload of info...

I've used it for over 15 years for the basics but I see all the fancier stuff people do on it and I'd like to train myself up a bit. I desribe myself as an average PC user. There are times where I'm literally swamped in data, graphs, experimental results etc. and I'm f**king about doing things manually, I know I'd save loads of time in the long run if I knew the program like the back of my hand. I'm prepared to spend a few quid if its worth it.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I taught myself with trial and error and Excel for Dummies. Googling specific tasks as well.

I once created a spread sheet that updated all clubs league positions when inputting results and you could bring up next match and last 8 form for any club and their next opponents

It took ages - I learnt a lot - but now lost the spreadsheet.

I taught myself with trial and error and Excel for Dummies. Googling specific tasks as well.

I once created a spread sheet that updated all clubs league positions when inputting results and you could bring up next match and last 8 form for any club and their next opponents

I think you should have read this book at the same time:

http://smallbiztechnology.com/media/data-backup-for-dummies

Thats the sort of analysis I'd like to be able to do. I'll have a pop into WHSmith and see what they've got and try and work through it. Thats my weekend sorted then.

I'm not sure of any courses but excel is very good when you use it to its full potential, not only as a spread sheet. I once made a quiz, on excel, similar to who wants to be a millionaire with the multiple choice. Look a macros and have a bit of fun with it. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Archived