If you had to pack an iPad in hold luggage that you know will be battered, how would you do it to avoid a breakage?

trekkie_ram

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disable anything which automatically updates. I know that folk with mobile phones have faced a huge bill for calls back to a provider from foreign climes.

You used to have a square folding mess tin. Wrap the I pad in a towel and pack it inside one of these or failing that. a biscuit tin or similar. I don't know what sort of luggage you are allowed but if you could get a Samsonite case that would be good.

Anyway mate, look after yourself as you are looking after the rest of us.

Keep in touch as & when.

Mate, that is a cracking idea that I will definitely look into. If only it was christmas with the big roses tins.

As for the case, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gorilla-Box-Wheels-Military-Plastic-Storage-Trunk-/110885546083?pt=UK_Collectables_Militaria_LE&hash=item19d14b2863 I considered something like this (and they are allowed) but £60 seems steep, and I've heard they are for sale for $30/40 in the BX/PX out there.

It's still expensive though mate. That eBay 'Gorilla Box' for £60 would be the case I would buy if I felt I could justify it. I'm waiting for my mate who went out last week to confirm the prices in the Afghan PX, if it isn't too different I'll buy one. Then still put the ipad in a biscuit tin / tupperware box.

Archived