If you had to pack an iPad in hold luggage that you know will be battered, how would you do it to avoid a breakage?

trekkie_ram

If you had to pack an iPad in hold luggage that you know will be battered, how would you do it to avoid a breakage?

I've considered lots of options, but most of them involve spending +£50 on cases. I've considered smaller boxes, such as tupperware boxes etc. Any thinking outside the box would he appreciated.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Put it in a suitcase in the centre of 30 kilos of wrapped cocaine. You might get arrested and sent to prison for 25 years, but I can guarantee you that your suitcase will be treated very carefully and your I-pad will remain unscathed.

Pack it just right and your I-pad will be safe and sound, and if you're lucky you've got one hell of a party when you reach your destination.

Trekkie may not be flying BMIbaby.......

Hollow out a book like a secret agent type thing.

Insert said Ipad.

Bubble wrap it.

Put it in a tupperware box with your camera.

Wrap it in loads of Derby shirts and flags.

Send us loads of pics and updates of you (in a hot terroristy place) with aforementioned Derby shirts/flags.

Let us know your first game back so we can arrange to buy you a pint in the Brunswick/Widows/Waterfall.

When do you go mate?

Stick it inside a towel or 2.

Ffs? What do you think they do to cases?

Can't you put It in the old hand luggage?

No hand luggage, and the baggage handlers don't give a f*ck, they use large harnesses and ratchets to pack as much stuff as tight as possible.

Trekkie may not be flying BMIbaby.......

Hollow out a book like a secret agent type thing.

Insert said Ipad.

Bubble wrap it.

Put it in a tupperware box with your camera.

Wrap it in loads of Derby shirts and flags.

Send us loads of pics and updates of you (in a hot terroristy place) with aforementioned Derby shirts/flags.

Let us know your first game back so we can arrange to buy you a pint in the Brunswick/Widows/Waterfall.

When do you go mate?

In about 3 weeks (I'm not even supposed to tell Mummy & Daddy the exact date).

Disable anything which automatically updates. I know that folk with mobile phones have faced a huge bill for calls back to a provider from foreign climes.

You used to have a square folding mess tin. Wrap the I pad in a towel and pack it inside one of these or failing that. a biscuit tin or similar. I don't know what sort of luggage you are allowed but if you could get a Samsonite case that would be good.

Anyway mate, look after yourself as you are looking after the rest of us.

Keep in touch as & when.

Archived