Fancy a Cruise ?

mozza

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That should go down well......

BOOM TISH......

Imagine, reaching the disaster site, parking up, and an announcement coming over the tannoy........

''Women and children first !!'' ''We have a fault''..

A very fitting tribute to the victims of the world's worst maritime disaster me thinks. I wonder how many tickets have been bought by the next generation of relatives?

I bet it will feel a bit wierd though, retracing their steps - being on the same spot where it sank on the same night 100 years earlier.

A very fitting tribute to the victims of the world's worst maritime disaster me thinks. I wonder how many tickets have been bought by the next generation of relatives?

I bet it will feel a bit wierd though, retracing their steps - being on the same spot where it sank on the same night 100 years earlier.

Lots, according to Breakfast News this morning..

I watched episode 1, will watch this later. Ta Mo55y 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

btw, tonight there's a programme on Discovery called Titanics Last Mysteries, with James Cameron, looking at never before seen footage of the wreck. 9 o' clock.

Thanks lr..i'll set my new fangled 'tv planner' up for that .. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Here are me views on the 2 prog's mentioned

The Aftermath - very sad accounts of the victims, particulaly the 3/4 year old boy who was never identified. Great though that the navy who got the $10,000 reward for identifying the very wealthy Astor, donated the money to pay for his funeral and to personally carry his coffin to the cemetery.

No compensation from White Star to any of the families - they even wanted £20.00 to send the dead back home. Shocking that. Nor did they even issue an apology to those affected - but then that would be an admission of guilt wouldn't it? Something else I noticed is that Whitestar wanted to launch the Olympic 10 days after Titanic sank - but this was stalled because it didn't have enough lifeboats. Did they learn nothing from this then?

A very sad but interesting programme though, with the coroner from Nova Scotia being the unsung hero with his care for those who died and making sure they and their posessions were looked after and paved the way for future disaster procedures to be carried out.

Titanic mysteries - again sad but brilliant footage of new areas of the ship, including that spooky clock & fireplace, But what about the Turkish baths? The cobalt blue and the patterns on the tiles are perfectly preserved even after all this time under water. And the very grandiose staircase has completely gone now, that ship must have been so beautiful once upon a time.

Titanic 100 next Saturday at 4 I think, on the History channel. I'll be at the match, so I'll put it on me planner.

Archived