Petrol, Pasties, Stamps...

MrsRam

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

are you suggesting people should be controlled? irresponsible borrowing on credit cards and mortgages is a choice, nothing to do with the bogeymen.....

I think there is a difference between controlling someone and then actively pursuing indebted people to become even more in debt by sending them letters with credit cards attached giving them more and more credit which is what major banks did just before the crash. They pursued a reckless policy which was destined to come tumbling down.

proof?

credit card and mortgage interest rates are clearly displayed along with plenty of repayment calculators on the web. are you suggesting people who borrow on the never never, are oblivious before doing so?

proof? well okay I have testimonies of several people, along with a panorama programme and even though I am only 18 they sent me a credit card and offered several thousands pounds worth of credit on it. This was a well known practice especially just before the crash and the banks were heavily criticized for it. One of the reasons the crash happened was that people were able to attain credit too easily when they had no way of paying the banks back. I suggest that many were borrowing without realizing the consequences and for some the information at hand simply wasn't there 4-6 years ago, also many were borrowing to get out of a hole like companies have to keep a line of credit open. The banks are now more stringent on who they lend too and for what amount. You write a lot but say almost nothing.

Also the North Koreans practice a type of communism called Junche, which is a form of blood communism and is based upon only the Koreans practicing it, so we wouldn't be like North Korea at all.

You tend to make out like I think this is an evil land, I don't. I just happen to believe like many analysts that the collapse had a number of causes but a key cause was that banks were too happy to lend money which was never going to be repayed and that people were too happy to grab the free money without being properly informed. The banks themselves admit this, why are you denying it?

proof? well okay I have testimonies of several people, along with a panorama programme and even though I am only 18 they sent me a credit card and offered several thousands pounds worth of credit on it. This was a well known practice especially just before the crash and the banks were heavily criticized for it. One of the reasons the crash happened was that people were able to attain credit too easily when they had no way of paying the banks back. I suggest that many were borrowing without realizing the consequences and for some the information at hand simply wasn't there 4-6 years ago, also many were borrowing to get out of a hole like companies have to keep a line of credit open. The banks are now more stringent on who they lend too and for what amount. You write a lot but say almost nothing.

Also the North Koreans practice a type of communism called Junche, which is a form of blood communism and is based upon only the Koreans practicing it, so we wouldn't be like North Korea at all.

No one likes a smart arse.

This thread has got way too political.

No one likes a smart arse.

This thread has got way too political.

sorry but it is true 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> well it is called juche accidentally put an n in it. It is a philosophy founded by Kim il sung and its principles have only been used in North Korea and many analysts argue it is a blood communism. Has it? well it is a forum.

sorry but it is true 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> well it is called juche accidentally put an n in it. It is a philosophy founded by Kim il sung and its principles have only been used in North Korea and many analysts argue it is a blood communism. Has it? well it is a forum.

Do you deliberately patronise people?

No, I deliberately give my opinion on a forum which I am allowed to do. If you have a problem with that don't read my posts, or complain about it. But I am going to give my opinion regardless of what you think. J.S. mills stance on this was the best in my opinion, that free speech should always be allowed unless it caused physical or financial harm.

I'm not complaining about your opinion, just the way you put it across so don't get on your high horse as if I'm somehow trying to repress your freedom of speech.

However you tend to not actually give your own opinion or theory at all, merely agree or disagree with the work of others. Your inclusion of JS Mills' "stance" on freedom of speech being a shining example.

I'm not complaining about your opinion, just the way you put it across so don't get on your high horse as if I'm somehow trying to repress your freedom of speech.

However you tend to not actually give your own opinion or theory at all, merely agree or disagree with the work of others. Your inclusion of JS Mills' "stance" on freedom of speech being a shining example.

well the way I put my speech across is to me just as important as my actual free speech. I believe I have the right to say what i want and how I want to say it as long as the owner of this site allows me to do that. I believe I do have my own opinion, I use famous and influential thinkers along with quotes from them to back up my opinion which is what many people do. My inclusion of J.S Mill is a shining example of how I do this. Also just because my view may coincide with another which has gone before me doesn't mean I don't have opinions or ideas.

Archived