What to do ?

vicky-27

What do you do with players like Ledley King and Drogba ? no use giving them a fine - most are millionaires - do you ban them for longer periods ? Is Harry Rednapp right - players shouldn't drink during the season ? Is Arsene Wenger right about two footed tackles - he thinks a 10 match ban should be imposed - afterall it could ruin someones career. Is the fault of the FA ? the Manager ? Come on i want answers

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sell em both, Drogba's getting on abit now and only has a couple of seasons left in him so cash in now. Flog King aswell, great player when he's fit but thats as rare as hens teeth.

I think fining players is the way to go but none of these 2 week wages, make it 2 months that would make them think twice.

Good old Harry -

TOTTENHAM boss Harry Redknapp has vowed to bring in an alcohol ban at the club in the wake of Ledley King’s arrest at the weekend.

#bodycopy a { font-size: 12px; }

Defender King was arrested for an alleged assault outside a London nightclub in the early hours of Sunday morning.

Redknapp said: “I’ll implement a strong rule next season that drinking is a no-no here. Footballers should not drink.

“You shouldn’t put diesel in a Ferrari. I know it’s hard but they are earning big money, they are role models to kids.

“They should dedicate their lives to playing.â€Â

King has since apologised to Redknapp, describing the incident as “a night out with friends†which “went too farâ€Â.

But the Tottenham boss added: “We wouldn’t get these problems if the players weren’t drinking.

“There’s still too much of a drinking culture in English football but it’s not as bad as it used to be.

“At Tottenham we do a lot with kids, a lot of them underprivileged.

“We have to set an example. Too much drinking goes on in this country. Too many people are not happy unless they have had a drink.â€Â

.yoyoyo { height: 20px; background: url([url=http://images.dailystar-uk.co.uk/css/backbg)]http://images.dailystar-uk.co.uk/css/backbg); background-repeat: repeat-x; line-height: 20px; float: left; } .yoyoyo a { color: #fff !important; font-size: 12px !important; font-family: arial black; top: -3px; font-weight: normal !important; display: block; padding: 0 10px 0 12px; line-height: auto;} .yoyoyo a:hover{text-decoration: none;}

Archived