holidays

trigger

whilst everyone is gearing up for xmas, has anyone booked a holiday yet?

im going bangkok on sun for 3 days then krabbi for 3 days then patong/katta for 10 days so i wont be having a traditional xmas, ive also got a trip to the uk booked for next august, so anyone fancying a pint let me know?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
whilst everyone is gearing up for xmas, has anyone booked a holiday yet?

im going bangkok on sun for 3 days then krabbi for 3 days then patong/katta for 10 days so i wont be having a traditional xmas, ive also got a trip to the uk booked for next august, so anyone fancying a pint let me know?

Sounds quality that mate, have a good 'un!

I'm thinking of making a return to England next Christmas with the missus so she can experience cold weather and hopefully a white christmas

If not then we'll probably head up to Alaska for a week either Autumn 2012 or Spring 2013 to catch the Northern Lights as I missed that trip when I was in Canada due to breaking my ankle

If all fails here I'll probably go experience Columbia for a while

Am off to Okinawa for a few days over Christmas. Okinawa is the most Southerly Japanese island.

Spending 2 weeks in Malaysia at the end of March.

Off to the North Island of New Zealand in April for work/holiday (wish it was the South Island)

And 7 weeks in Canada (Edmonton) in July and August again for part work, part holiday.

So a pretty busy 6 months travel wise.

Am off to Okinawa for a few days over Christmas. Okinawa is the most Southerly Japanese island.

Spending 2 weeks in Malaysia at the end of March.

Off to the North Island of New Zealand in April for work/holiday (wish it was the South Island)

And 7 weeks in Canada (Edmonton) in July and August again for part work, part holiday.

So a pretty busy 6 months travel wise.

(NZ) The South Island for me is definately the best of the two.. Although both decent. Some beautful scenery and coves in the South Island too

(Edmonton) Good luck with that, a city of not much. Good job your going in Summer as Winter is freezing cold (-30 normally). But it does have the biggest mall in the world and the trip down to Calgary is stunning..

What do you do for work which takes you to these places if you don't mind me asking? Professional gambling? Haha!

(NZ) The South Island for me is definately the best of the two.. Although both decent. Some beautful scenery and coves in the South Island too

(Edmonton) Good luck with that, a city of not much. Good job your going in Summer as Winter is freezing cold (-30 normally). But it does have the biggest mall in the world and the trip down to Calgary is stunning..

What do you do for work which takes you to these places if you don't mind me asking? Professional gambling? Haha!

I have my own school here in Japan and we have a number of University students. I have built up some relationships with schools in NZ, Singapore, the UK, Canada, Australia and the US and I send some of my students to these countries to study abroad in a kind of culture swap.

I travel over there with them and am there should they have any issues. It's a perk really. Gives me a chance to see some places I haven't been to before.

Bangkok is a s**thole. We went for 3 nights there (Hilton), and then 9 nights in Koh Chang (Amari Emerald), for our expensive goodbye to childless marriage holiday. Can't wait for the kids to grow up so I can start to go on decent holidays again.

gotta agree bangkok is is the pits lol

i go to the bridge over river kwai to pay respects to the ww2 vets

then i do the floating markets, elephant rides etc , then a days fishing whislt mrs trig horse rides

phuket is a bit of a pit too, but as you venture away from the centre there are some beautiful places to see, i normally get the locals to cook me food that they eat, i pay them so there happy to oblige, the thai,s dont need much money to survive , they have strong familly ethics which sees them thru . i honestly think in 5-7 years when i finish work i will spend my days there

im not bothered about holidays,the food is often crap in the all inclusive places,and the places are generally full of ********* ,normally from the liverpool and london area,who seem to think they have the resort to themselves.

I also dont like flying.

Having said that I would like to take my son to Barcelona to watch a match.

I would rather have a week off work for fishing or to go horse racing.

as for August Trig I will have a few beers with you,definately.

Got back from Gran canaria with my girlfriend about 10 days ago, the weathers great at this time of year. Went self catering and took £700 between us for the week and ended up eating at good restaurants every night. Went on a few days out including the waterpark. In all cost us about 1200 for a fantastic week away. Anyone looking for some winter son I would definitely recommend the canaries!

Archived