Roy McFarland to leave

vicky-27

Burton Albion are searching for a new manager after caretaker boss Roy McFarland told the club he did not want to continue in his post. The 61-year-old took temporary charge when Nigel Clough left in January and won promotion to the Football League.

A statement on the Burton website, read: "Roy did not want the full-time commitment of running a League Two club on a permanent basis."

McFarland will stay at the Pirelli Stadium until a new boss arrives.

He could then remain at the club in a different position, depending on who gets the manager's job.

Burton chairman Ben Robinson said: "I've really enjoyed working with Roy, someone I have known for over 30 years and for whom I have the utmost respect.

"It was always going to be difficult for anyone to come in and take over from Nigel in those circumstances but Roy came in and helped get us over that line and achieve promotion.

"Burton Albion will always be grateful for everything that Roy has done for this club in the time that he has been with us."

McFarland will be at Saturday's civic reception and open-top bus tour to celebrate Burton's Blue Square Premier title triumph.

Since in charge Burton have W 12 D 3 L 7

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

on the det there is a rumour circulating that savage is gonna go there a player manager if clough signs his first choice target for midfield and if he manages to re-sign banna and barazite on loan can't see it myself but i comes from some-ones infamous 'sources' lol

Archived