El Hamdaoui

vicky-27

Remember him ? I do - he is wanted by Liverpool after scoring 22 goals this season.

AZ Alkmaar forward Mounir El Hamdaoui is reportedly a transfer target for Rafael Benitez according to rumours in todays papers. The Morrocan born Dutchman has previously had a spell in the Premierleague with Tottenham Hotspurs aswell as Derby County where he made a loan move from White Hart Lane.

After finding first team opportunites hard to come at Spurs he made the move back to Dutch football with Willem II being his destination, and the move proved beneficial to the player as he grabbed 3 goals in 6 games in what was a very impressive start to his Willem II career. AZ Alkmaar immediately took notice of the player and snapped him up from their Eredivisie rivals.

Since his move to AZ the Moroccan has took the league by storm, notching 22 goals as Alkmaar surprisingly claimed the Eredivisie title. Many of Europe's top clubs have been put on hot alert due to his goal scoring exploits with Liverpool said to be keen admirers of the 24 year old aswell as Premierleague rivals Arsenal.

Liverpool have a well documented striker shortage should Fernando Torres suffer an injury and it appears as though Mounir El Hamdaoui could be waiting in the wings. The question has to be asked though, does he have the capibility to cut at undoubtedly the best league in the world, the second time round?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah ofc i remember him

his english wasnt very good i remember that, he wasnt a bad striker and had a good shot on him. Yeh we could of signed him for 1 million, now he could be going for a stupid ammount of money!

its the yakubu fiasco all over again! lol

Well, the 2nd time around. He hardly dealt well when he was in that league before, but we know how players can be re-generated into superstars (for a while) lol

Archived