Trains, or rather no trains.

Shake n Bake

Yeah, in fairness I tend to go for the weekend, but the odd time I'll come to Derby (or away) and back in a day.

I book my tickets for the month in advance with a 16-25 railcard, Costs about £21 return. Sometimes you can get first class for the same (or oddly, sometimes cheaper) than standard as well mate.

cheers i have worked out with what i would be entitled to i would have 38 pounds a week to live on and 21 return sounds fair to me 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The trains out of Derby have always been on time and I've always got a seat. It's the train that runs between Sheff and Manchester I hate because you never get a seat. I've always been cramped up against the doors, wedged in between sweaty erberts and their mahoooooosive suitcases heading for the airport.

They need at least another 2 carriages, not even the ticket guy can get down, never mind the rip off coffee trolley.

I agree, that is by far the worst train journey. East Midlands Trains are really poor apart from Derby and Nottingham to London.

Archived