Unable to use my old account?

derbyram!v2

Ok this happened when the forums changed settings all over again and such but since then i have been unable to log into my account "DerbyRam!", it says it doesnt recognise the name when i try and get the password sent to me via email, but when i tried using it to sign up again, it said it was taken.

Any help would be appreciated though it's not vital.

Chris

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok this happened when the forums changed settings all over again and such but since then i have been unable to log into my account "DerbyRam!", it says it doesnt recognise the name when i try and get the password sent to me via email, but when i tried using it to sign up again, it said it was taken. Any help would be appreciated though it's not vital. Chris

Had someone with a similar problem before, it came because he had "&" in his username and the forum didn't recognise it as it was encrypted differently on the old forum.

I'm guessing the same is happened to your account because of the !, it's in the system I can see it, the lost password will recognise it but as soon as you try and log you in it's trying to log you in as DerbyRam without the ! but another member already has that username.

Hope that makes sense.

Anyhow I've fixed it, I renamed your username then renamed it back again, if you use the lost password form again to reset your password you should be able to log in no problems, need to reset it as I changed it to test the login and it worked.

Archived