We need a goalscorer!

JacobDcfc

RamNut. Try this thread if you’re interested.

http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6720&highlight=the+budget

Well I can't read 19 pages of it....but my point is simply that they have definately done something this pre-season....more than ever before.....and more than most other championship teams. That doesn't mean that we will now be successful. Glick was silly to mention top 6. And as I said in threads back in May we needed to spend at least £7m to rectify the problems.

In my view people had inflated expectations of what £3m will do for a team that lost 11 at home, lost to Forest and Leicester home and away, lost to Crewe and Crawley.We were much worse last season than people seem willing to admit.

If we carried on like last season we'd be relegated.

We are not going to be top 6. There is still loads to be done.

But we will be better for the £3 - £3.5m spent so far.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well I can't read 19 pages of it....but my point is simply that they have definately done something this pre-season....more than ever before.....and more than most other championship teams. That doesn't mean that we will now be successful. Glick was silly to mention top 6. And as I said in threads back in May we needed to spend at least £7m to rectify the problems.

In my view people had inflated expectations of what £3m will do for a team that lost 11 at home, lost to Forest and Leicester home and away, lost to Crewe and Crawley.We were much worse last season than people seem willing to admit.

If we carried on like last season we'd be relegated.

We are not going to be top 6. There is still loads to be done.

But we will be better for the £3 - £3.5m spent so far.

I agree. Top 6 was a stupid boast unless more money was being invested.

Even then we're still 'just about' starting from scratch after finally clearing out the PJ stables.

Even then we're still 'just about' starting from scratch after finally clearing out the PJ stables.

Absolutely.....we've now got a group of young players....

Fielding, Brayford, Bailey, Cywka (hopefully), Bryson, Maguire, Ward..... along with Legzdins, O'Brien, Hendrick, Robinson, Davies, Addison, Ball.....thats a start.

We're maybe half way there - of course some will be injured and some won't make the grade.

I'd like to see us do what Tommy Doc did with Man Utd and build a young exciting team who learn to play without fear and score plenty of goals.....A few older heads just to keep them on the right track.

We definately have a long way to go yet.

Even if we had made a few more signings we wouldn't have got top six, i hope im wrong.

Too many good teams in the league this year with players/investment we can't compete with...

There leicester, west ham, ipswich, hull, forest, leeds.

Then theres teams like blackpool, birmingham, burnley, reading, m'boro, southampton, pompey, we could maybe be included in that list.

who knows

most of paul jewell's players had gone last season, we aren't just clearing him out, whoever was left last season was mostly clough's team with a couple of davies's signings and a couple of jewell's, you can't blame our performances on a couple of players, and those players were handed new contracts by clough.

Absolutely.....we've now got a group of young players....

Fielding, Brayford, Bailey, Cywka (hopefully), Bryson, Maguire, Ward..... along with Legzdins, O'Brien, Hendrick, Robinson, Davies, Addison, Ball.....thats a start.

We're maybe half way there - of course some will be injured and some won't make the grade.

I'd like to see us do what Tommy Doc did with Man Utd and build a young exciting team who learn to play without fear and score plenty of goals.....A few older heads just to keep them on the right track.

We definately have a long way to go yet.

Be careful what you wish for.

Be careful what you wish for.

I knew the Doc would be a red rag.....but he built a good team for them.....and I'll say it first.....a sh1te team for us ;).

Vic Moreland, Jonathan Clark, Billy Caskey, anyone?

no...but Steve Coppell, Stuart Pearson, Gordon Hill, Brian Greenhoff, Jimmy Nicholl, Gerry Daly.....

(P.S. I'm not sure Vic Moreland was that bad....Gerry Ryan was ok)

no...but Steve Coppell, Stuart Pearson, Gordon Hill, Brian Greenhoff, Jimmy Nicholl, Gerry Daly.....

(P.S. I'm not sure Vic Moreland was that bad....Gerry Ryan was ok)

We had Gordon Hill and Gerry Daley for a while.

Daley was a brilliant player, but I think he left Manure to get away from the Doc, and then when Docherty arrived her he shipped him out soon after.

Still living in Derby according to the last report I heard.

We had Gordon Hill and Gerry Daley for a while.

Daley was a brilliant player, but I think he left Manure to get away from the Doc, and then when Docherty arrived her he shipped him out soon after.

Still living in Derby according to the last report I heard.

not quite....Addison sold Daly.....and yes he was superb.

United picked him up from Bohemians for virtually nothing.

not quite....Addison sold Daly.....and yes he was superb.

United picked him up from Bohemians for virtually nothing.

Did he outlive Docherty?

My memory playing tricks again.

Loved watching him play, I'd walk miles to watch him again.

Did he outlive Docherty?

My memory playing tricks again.

Loved watching him play, I'd walk miles to watch him again.

yes....Addison sold him to Coventry.

Worse still.....I think we spent the fee on Barry Powell.

That ranks as one of the more silly decisions.

Archived