Summer jobs?

WorksopRam

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

their pensions aren't ridiculous, it is just the private sectors pensions are atrocious, in germany they have a much better pension, academics like lecturers typically on 80% of their salary and the teachers pension in this country was called self sustainable by an independent audit.

Get yourselfin an agency. Big warehouses in/near Worksop isn't there? Done alot of agency work myself at your age. Pays rubbish, but then again your only there 2 months.(don't tell them that)

Do I just go in a few with a CV and that and tell them that I'm looking for a bit of part-time work over the summer?

Do I just go in a few with a CV and that and tell them that I'm looking for a bit of part-time work over the summer?

Nope, you go in and they give you a form...simplified CV for them. They look at it and realise you aren't a retard(hopefully). You fill it out and talk to them as if you are staying around....you need a job on top of your other current part-time job. Make it sound like you're staying around....like you have ties there.

Tick , tick, tick......when can you have an induction?.....

Say staright away, there is always somebody willing to take that space.

Nope, you go in and they give you a form...simplified CV for them. They look at it and realise you aren't a retard(hopefully). You fill it out and talk to them as if you are staying around....you need a job on top of your other current part-time job. Make it sound like you're staying around....like you have ties there.

Tick , tick, tick......when can you have an induction?.....

Say staright away, there is always somebody willing to take that space.

DON'T MENTION UNIVERSITY

then fook them off in September.

Security Companies are always looking for mugs new staff. the job is boring and pays minimum wage but when you are working 12 hour shifts 5 days a week you don't get much time to spend the money. you are also pretty much guaranteed work in every holiday from Uni too.

When I was doing whenever any sites or jobs came up near to Nottingham i got a phone call to see if I wanted to do it, kept a little extra money coming in through the year.

Just thought about this one too - some security firms do stewarding at racecourses and sports ground. Hong around local sports stadiums, football grounds near to where you are at unit- find out who the companies are that do the stewarding and you should be able to get a few free football matches and the like out of it. I got to watch us play at Barnsley in the prem, sat near the tunnel and got paid £80 for the privilege

You could even get roped in to do stewarding at concerts and the like.

Cheers mate. Would I just look around for local companies to me then?

That's what I did. Had a mate who was working for them too. I got lucky and the firm I worked for did stewarding at racecourse all over the country. A lot if travelling but not as boring as sites. For the site work they would send a driver out to pick me up from home and drop me off again.

Dud some shifts as shop security too.

I Won't lie it's not a great job, but you can usually have as much work as you want.

Check out company websites to see what sort of work they cover.

But they'll know I've just finished A-Levels. What if they ask what I'm gonna do?

Surely some places don't mind taking on summer temps?

Say you're doing a gap year to save money before you go to Uni. They'll believe that because a lot of people take gap years.

Then when it comes to September, run off! ;)

What Uni you headed to anyway?

Edit: Also try festival work. A couple of my housemates worked for a company called CTM (cash and traffic managment) while they were at Uni and they got to steward events like Superbikes, Leeds fest, Air shows etc and they got paid about up to about £400 just for a weekend's work!

That's what I did. Had a mate who was working for them too. I got lucky and the firm I worked for did stewarding at racecourse all over the country. A lot if travelling but not as boring as sites. For the site work they would send a driver out to pick me up from home and drop me off again.

Dud some shifts as shop security too.

I Won't lie it's not a great job, but you can usually have as much work as you want.

Check out company websites to see what sort of work they cover.

Nice one. Well there's a big security firm based here in Worksop, UK Security. They're outlining part and full time jobs on their site, looks decent. But on their application to print off, it asks if you've got an SIA license. I haven't, would this put them off?

Say you're doing a gap year to save money before you go to Uni. They'll believe that because a lot of people take gap years.

Then when it comes to September, run off! ;)

What Uni you headed to anyway?

Edit: Also try festival work. A couple of my housemates worked for a company called CTM (cash and traffic managment) while they were at Uni and they got to steward events like Superbikes, Leeds fest, Air shows etc and they got paid about up to about £400 just for a weekend's work!

Cheers mate, I'll have a goose!

Leeds Met :)

Cheers mate, I'll have a goose!

Leeds Met :)

Went to visit my mates sister at Leeds Met last year. If you're living in Headingley you'll love it. Great place, good student atmosphere and only a stone's throw from Leeds city centre.

Archived