When do we give up on clough??

adamD

Possibly the worst post of all time. That makes no sense what so ever. Steve Evans took over Crawly in the Blue Square Premier and was only promoted this season. He also spent over £200k, a huge amount in the non-leagues. On the other hand Nigel produced the same feat, from a worse position. Nigel also has some level of contacts at the top level. On top of all of that Nigel is our current manager, and sacking a manager should be based on something more than just "that guy looks like he could do a better job". I know you're just saying it to strawman Nigel's achievements as a manager, but really, useless post!

To add to this you completely avoided how your point about Nigel's signings being poor being both false and unfair. Hey, maybe having the decency to admit you were wrong is just a bit too much for you. Apparently changing the topic as quick as possible is a much better way to deal with things.

no actually i think your mini bio of clough at burton was just about the worst post of all time, non league like the northern premier division and the conference is a different kettle of fish to the championship and to me it doesn't promise a damn thing of what he can do here with a group of professional players who have different ego's to that of a northern premier division team and it is a completely different situation. We are going round in circles, at the moment we can say opinion is divided, however i think we can all agree if nigel finishes 15th or below this season he is gone whether right or wrong.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For those who want Clough gone - he's not going anywhere for a while

For those who think he should be given a fair crack - that's happening

End of?

well if he doesn't do well this season he WILL be gone, they haven't renewed his contract yet and it is in the last year so he needs to do well this year i think.

well if he doesn't do well this season he WILL be gone, they haven't renewed his contract yet and it is in the last year so he needs to do well this year i think.

Yes sweetheart, you keep saying. You're not breaking new ground, everyone knows it.

The investment/funding situation is now somewhere around ‘neutral’. We still haven’t the funds to bring in anyone of similar quality to Commons and it was the quality of Commons that was key to our ‘purple patches’ in both 09/10 and 10/11.

Of course, it's not like Commons was a free transfers who's spent the majority of his career scratching about in league 1 and the bottom end of the championship, is it?

Of course, it's not like Commons was a free transfers who's spent the majority of his career scratching about in league 1 and the bottom end of the championship, is it?

I might be missing your point; but Commons was recognised as a high quality (albeit injury prone) player before he arrived on a free.

Now, I don’t think many on this forum know much about most of the new signings so far. If some of the new intake turn out to be high quality players then they’ll be more like the signings of Brayford or Bailey – not Commons. Unknowns who turned out to be brilliant signings. Let's hope.

no actually i think your mini bio of clough at burton was just about the worst post of all time, ...........................…

no actually, I think your post on religion was the worst post of all time – even God thought so and he doesn’t usually comment.

Archived