Rushden & Diamons expelled from the Conference

CumbrianRam

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But they have to but rusden in a league somewhere so may have a knock on effect but it depends on other teams folding and that, but we (hucknall) may be saved by Burscough demise
Sorry, you could be right, I have just seen thaat R&D are trying for the seventh tier of football.

trust me it gets soooooooooooooo confusing in the close season.

the lower leagues are always changing because teams fold, thrown out like rushden, apply to play in lower leagues like Retford, teams who win leagues and don't apply to go up because they don't want to (because of cost) it's mad

trust me it gets soooooooooooooo confusing in the close season.

the lower leagues are always changing because teams fold, thrown out like rushden, apply to play in lower leagues like Retford, teams who win leagues and don't apply to go up because they don't want to (because of cost) it's mad

Some get f***ed over like Eastwood to.

Why would anyone like a one word post answer? I am just commenting that clubs fold because they are not financially viable, it's a shame but it has always happened and always will happen. As long as it is not my club I can't say I'm that fussed but it does rankle that it is always the small guys that get punished when the bigger clubs are allowed to cheat their way out of trouble. Why do you only have 2 likes? Especially with such an adorable Avatar :confused:

Why would anyone like a one word post answer? I am just commenting that clubs fold because they are not financially viable, it's a shame but it has always happened and always will happen. As long as it is not my club I can't say I'm that fussed but it does rankle that it is always the small guys that get punished when the bigger clubs are allowed to cheat their way out of trouble. Why do you only have 2 likes? Especially with such an adorable Avatar :confused:

Only one like really, Boycie likes everyone.

I took your post to be sarcastic towards Eastwood Town, but it appears I may have been hasty, if so I retract my opinion .:)

Only one like really, Boycie likes everyone.

I took your post to be sarcastic towards Eastwood Town, but it appears I may have been hasty, if so I retract my opinion .:)

No bother mate, it was just to clubs folding in general. TBH I don't know anything about the Eastwood situation either:whistle:

well i am shocked at this ...a real story of boom and bust .... i think this could well serve as a warning to most non league clubs that when the money is pulled it will leave you stricken ....

Its very similar to my local club Ilkeston, who now have, it seems , the very worthy backing by SR Education and one of the best non league managers around. They really are at the fore front of what i believe is the way football should be run within the non league setup. There vision for academy football and bringing youngsters is second to non. It exciting times at the newly formed Ilkeston and i am so glad i'll be there to witness it.

well i am shocked at this ...a real story of boom and bust .... i think this could well serve as a warning to most non league clubs that when the money is pulled it will leave you stricken ....

Its very similar to my local club Ilkeston, who now have, it seems , the very worthy backing by SR Education and one of the best non league managers around. They really are at the fore front of what i believe is the way football should be run within the non league setup. There vision for academy football and bringing youngsters is second to non. It exciting times at the newly formed Ilkeston and i am so glad i'll be there to witness it.

The Ilkeston new setup takes a bit of understanding, perhaps you can clear a few things up for me.

SR Education are , if you Google, an organization for the education of young sportsmen, and get grants from the Government for doing so, they do or have had dealings with Chelsea, Notts County, and Notts Rugby Club, amongst others.

Will they be running Ilkeston FC with their own money, and as a seperate concern ?.

I witnessed the rise of R&D as I follow the Brewers too. It's a shame when clubs suffer like this and whilst they were the big boys of non-league it was never underhand or financed on debt. They were another club that suffered because of the franchising of Wimbledon.

There is hope for the smaller clubs if you look at the shining light of AFC Wimbledon. The day that they play MK Dons, they will have 1000s of neutral fans from all over the country.

Archived