Player of the Season - John Brayford

davenportram

It's official. http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10270~2348814,00.html

John Brayford has added his name to the illustrious list of players to have won the Jack Stamps Trophy after being named as Derby County's player of the season for 2010/11.

For the third year in a row, a player has been named as Derby County's player of the year in their first season with the club.

Brayford is, with two games left to play, the only player to have played every minute of every game for Derby this season.

At 23 years of age, the right-back has shown a great level of maturity in handling the step-up from League Two Crewe Alexandra last summer.

His performances on the pitch, including his trademark lung-busting bursts forwards, have delighted the Rams fans and he won the voting poll by a considerable margin.

He told dcfc.co.uk: "It is a great honour to have won this award, especially when you look at the players' names on the list who have won it in the past.

"To be part of that makes me very proud and I have to thank the fans who voted for me.

"I'm pleased how I've adapted to playing in the Championship for Derby County, but I've had inconsistent spells along the way this season as well which I hope to learn from.

"On the whole though, I'm pleased with what I have achieved this season.

"That is only because I have been given the opportunity to play by other people.

"Once you get dropped in at the deep end you have to stand on your own two feet, that goes in all walks of life, and I feel I've adapted to the division and I've really enjoyed this season."

John will collect the trophy from manager Nigel Clough on the Pride Park pitch before this afternoon's game with Bristol City.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brayford playing 44 games is a fact , Brayford playing well in 44 games not a fact.

im not arguing the fact that he is the player of the season , or dragging up the whole Commons argument again.

but my point is Commons got 13 league goals in 26 games, Lazy , Fat , not interested or how ever people want to label him , think where we would be without those 13 league goals

Somebody else playing in Commons position would probably have weighed in with a few, Commons hasn't been here since January and we've had some important results in the last 6 or 7 games that he hasn't contributed towards, Brayford has, so it's Brayford all the way for me

Archived