FA and police must come down hard on disgusting chants

Rodders

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That article is spot on IMO.

It's vile and cruel and I'll never understand why people do it. It's wrong that it's deemed acceptable to many at a match who wouldn't dream of doing it anywhere else.

Would it really take away from the atmosphere on matchdays if these chants weren't done? I really don't think so when there are many positive things that could be sung instead.

Any player of manager who has to put up with these things must have very broad shoulders because I wouldn't be able to stand it. Who would??

I agree entirely with the article but unfortunately these kind of sick chants will never end. And the police are powerless, how are they ever going to cut it out? Making 10,000 arrests a game!? :frown:

As soon as horrid chants start they could play a recording of a chant that is less offensive much louder, perhaps the fans would stop if they knew it would be drowned out everytime? Doubt it though.

This opens up a whole new debate about where the line is drawn with freedom of speech though doesn't it?

What's more important, the feelings of one person or the right of every person to self-expression?

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but i'll defend to the death your right to say it" - Voltaire.

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but i'll defend to the death your right to say it" - Voltaire.

I agree wholeheartedly with that. People seem to think they have the right to not be offended by words.

Whilst I don't agree with the content of the chants and I wouldn't join in, it is their right. Just as extremists have the right to heckle our troops. Let them do it, just shows people for what they are. Long may it continue. People need to man up.

Archived