Champions League Draw

Mary Hindge

]If Messi had scored would Villa have gone on to score' date=' Nobody knows whether it would have gone to 2-0 or not.[/b']

Irrelevant how many shots Arsenal had, they were drawing, that's all that matters. The red card changed the game massively, without it who knows what might have happened. If Barcelona were cutting through Arsenal like butter, why were they only drawing after 60 minutes. If you honestly think that the red card had no effect on the match then that's just stupidity.

I believe a WUM is someone who deliberately winds people up, If I honestly believe it I am not deliberately trying to wind people up. I do believe it, If I didn't why would I write it, there's no enjoyment in annoying people online.

I stand by Nigel Clough, think he's done a good job and hope he continues doing it for years to come. But that's hardly relevant

Messi scored after Villa.. It was 2-0, the linesman flagged for offside when it clearly wasn't, he was like 2 yards onside.. It would have been 2-0. Therefore, tie over. It's as blunt as that really.

How did the red card change the game then? Please explain? Did it allow Barca to make more opportunities? Did it allow them the build from the back?

If you had said the red card was harsh, then 100% I would agree. I'm a huge Barca fan aswell, not as much as The Rams, but I don't live in England and have connections with Barca through my friends etc.. I may come accross as biased, of course.

But in no way was Arsenal unfortunate to lose that tie.. And no-one can put up a reasonable arguement as to why Barca don't deserve to be in the 1/4 finals.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Messi scored after Villa.. It was 2-0, the linesman flagged for offside when it clearly wasn't, he was like 2 yards onside.. It would have been 2-0. Therefore, tie over. It's as blunt as that really.

How did the red card change the game then? Please explain? Did it allow Barca to make more opportunities? Did it allow them the build from the back?

If you had said the red card was harsh, then 100% I would agree. I'm a huge Barca fan aswell, not as much as The Rams, but I don't live in England and have connections with Barca through my friends etc.. I may come accross as biased, of course.

But in no way was Arsenal unfortunate to lose that tie.. And no-one can put up a reasonable arguement as to why Barca don't deserve to be in the 1/4 finals.

My mistake.

Barca were the better team over the two legs, no doubt about that. And as such probably deserved to go through. Buttttt would they have fun if it wasn't for the sending off, I really don't think so.

Archived