Palace on Saturday

Ramshankered

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are any forum members coming to London for the Palace clash on Saturday?

Being a Londonder, I will be there with a mate of mine who's a palace fan.

Mods - feel free to shut this thread down when the proper one opens up.

Im coming up from Bournemouth, bringing the old man along as well. Cant imagine we'll sell many, difficult to get to an all.

Cheapest train tickets I can find come to about £80 :frown:

You can get a super off peak return for just over £40 with a railcard.

Anyone got any recommendations for a pre match drink. Football ground guide says

Opposite Thornton Heath Railway Station there is a Wetherspoon pub, called the 'The Flora Sandes' which is popular with both home and away supporters. Also close by is 'The Railway Telegraph' on Brigstock (as you come out of Thornton Heath station turn right and the pub is further down on the left). This pub serves Youngs beers and is quite spacious. It is thne about a 15 minute walk from here to the ground (as you come out of the pubs turn right and follow the other fans). There are plenty of Kebab & Chip shops available on the route to the ground.

Otherwise near Norwood Junction Railway Station on the High Street is another Wetherspoon outlet called 'The William Stanley' (From the Station turn right at the Clock Tower into the High Street). The nearby Alliance pub on Station Road (by the clock tower) and 'The Ship' on the High Street have also both been recommended to me. Alternatively alcohol is served inside the ground.

Anyone got any recommendations for a pre match drink. Football ground guide says

I reckon you'd be better off going for a drink round London Bridge then getting the train down, some cracking pubs round there. Not many decent pubs round the ground tbh.

I reckon you'd be better off going for a drink round London Bridge then getting the train down, some cracking pubs round there. Not many decent pubs round the ground tbh.

Well im coming from Bournemouth, changing at Clapham Junction and my old mans coming from Kent so going London Victoria so ideally needs to be around that area. I could go to London Victoria i suppose, there's a few places around there.

Well im coming from Bournemouth, changing at Clapham Junction and my old mans coming from Kent so going London Victoria so ideally needs to be around that area. I could go to London Victoria i suppose, there's a few places around there.

If I were you I'd just have a few drinks around Clapham Junction then head to the game from there.

A few nice pubs down St.Johns/Northcote Road oppsoite the station

I live in Balham, which is two stops and about 12 mins from Selhurst. There's a wider selection of decent pubs round there.

Was there for the same fixture last season when we lost the game and Vaughan got injured. This time he will be playing for the other team, which didn't mean much when we played at Pride Park earlier this season.

In Iraq at the moment, so wont be going this time, will have to just listen to it online. COYR

I've only been to Palce twice, the first time was in 1972 when we won 1-0 through Jim Walker and went on to win the League for the first time, we went on The Ramaway train and got held up on the way back at Clapham Junction for about 4 hours! :frown:

The second time was sometime in the 80's and all I remember is a Sainsbury's behind the goal, and we got lost somewhere around Thornton Heath/Streatham took us about 5 hours to get back home to where I lived near P'Boro..

Hope we get 3 points, and good luck to all who go there :)

Alreet chaps & chapettes, my palace mate had the following to say on recommended drinking establishments for away fans -

Interesting question I've not had to think about before.

I'd say you want to go to Norwood Junction. There is more choice.

We normally do to the Cherry Trees right outside the station, but I wouldn't recommend that for away fans.

To your Massive you want to tell them The Alliance which is just a short walk up station road from the station and on your right near the clock.

http://goo.gl/P41oy

It's not anything special really but close to the station and there is beer.

There is also a Weatherspoons a short walk away.

http://goo.gl/UNI3c

Turn right at the clock and go down Norwood High Street and its on your left. As far as I know this one is all good for away fans. This is confirmed here :

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/crystal_palace/

You are walking away from the ground for this one but not far.

The ground itself is 10 min walk from either of these pubs and if you approach it from this side you easily get to the away fans' entrance which is on Park road.

http://goo.gl/esK2c

Hope that makes sense!

there are 20 of us going..i work on the railway so got them all a return ticket for £20 (more hassle than its worth for me as its used all my friends n fam tickets) as its one of the lads 30th birthday.. palace is one of the very few grounds ive not had the pleasure of... so plenty of noise please!!

there are 20 of us going..i work on the railway so got them all a return ticket for £20 (more hassle than its worth for me as its used all my friends n fam tickets) as its one of the lads 30th birthday.. palace is one of the very few grounds ive not had the pleasure of... so plenty of noise please!!

Bloody hell! Let's all get friendly with trooper! ;)

Archived