Board summary

HoratioSC

There are many really good posts in various threads but what's changed me personally from pro to anti-board is the following:

1) We were told that we were looking at a Shaun Barker-type signing - in two transfer windows we haven't made that signing

2) Despite losing perhaps £15k per week off the wage bill (Commons and Moxey) we've signed no-one

Yes there are 100+ other reasons but those two have really tipped me over the edge. A broken promise (1) and a very obvious cost-saving exercise/lack of planning (2).

Yes, NC has made some weird decisions but then managers often do. I sincerely hope that he doesn't give up as I believe the majority of the blame is with the board. They need to pull some massive rabbits out of the hat to win me back over.

Anyway, not sure why I felt compelled to create a new thread other than to clarify that they've made two big, indisputable cock-ups/lies that have caused me to lose faith in them.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There are many really good posts in various threads but what's changed me personally from pro to anti-board is the following:

1) We were told that we were looking at a Shaun Barker-type signing - in two transfer windows we haven't made that signing

2) Despite losing perhaps £15k per week off the wage bill (Commons and Moxey) we've signed no-one

Yes there are 100+ other reasons but those two have really tipped me over the edge. A broken promise (1) and a very obvious cost-saving exercise/lack of planning (2).

Yes, NC has made some weird decisions but then managers often do. I sincerely hope that he doesn't give up as I believe the majority of the blame is with the board. They need to pull some massive rabbits out of the hat to win me back over.

Anyway, not sure why I felt compelled to create a new thread other than to clarify that they've made two big, indisputable cock-ups/lies that have caused me to lose faith in them.

I have no doubt this post will be closed and moved but

1) how many Shaun Barker type players were identified to bid for?

2) who have they been told to try and sign?

That said I don't think GSE are right for the club. Appleby has said that it's come as a shock that the match day experience wasn't the most important thing for us (paraphrasing) I don't think they realised how much they would need to invest in the playing side and it's now biting them on the ass. They don't want to leave and not give the investors a return they promised, as this would not look good. How much money they can get to put into the club is unknown but I'm sure they didn't expect it to be as much as we clearly need.

Archived