Nicky Hunt

DCFC-2010

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought he was alright for us on his debut.

Then his constant hoofing down the line got a bit stupid.

Rubbish full-back.

Makes Brayford look genius with all his running, passing and one-twos.

No Nicky, that's just what a full back is supposed to do.

Maybe he should try CB?

Rubbish full-back.

Maybe he should try CB?

I think him just hoofing is what the whole team were doing then and sadly it seems the way we will be playing again for for the rest of the season.

Rubbish full-back.

Maybe he should try CB?

The annoying thing about him hoofing it down the line was that we were playing with a narrow midfield. Tongue and Green were the "wide" right midfielders while Hunt was with us, but they're neither of them wide players as such so tended to play inside. Hunt would just boot it down the line, head down, and Tongue/Green would never beat the fullback to the ball because they were starting from a position inside. I can remember seeing a look of utter frustration on Green's face in particular by the end of games after Hunt had sent him on a wild goose chase probably 30 times or more during match.

Talk about football players being not very bright.....

The annoying thing about him hoofing it down the line was that we were playing with a narrow midfield. Tongue and Green were the "wide" right midfielders while Hunt was with us, but they're neither of them wide players as such so tended to play inside. Hunt would just boot it down the line, head down, and Tongue/Green would never beat the fullback to the ball because they were starting from a position inside. I can remember seeing a look of utter frustration on Green's face in particular by the end of games after Hunt had sent him on a wild goose chase probably 30 times or more during match.

Talk about football players being not very bright.....

Nicky Hunt might not be bright. But at least he has his good looks to fall back on.

I can't actually remember what he was like off the ball. I remember his shocker vs Newcastle at PP where everyone was good except him. But other than that my mind is blank...... oh, except when Majewski left him tangled up in his own legs. I've seen Michael Owen make better "challenges".

Just remember the kicking it down the line. It gave me headache.

Saw Tonge playing for Stoke in the FA Cup a couple of weeks back.

He doesn't seem very ambitious Tonge. He'd be welcome at a number of Championship clubs i'm sure.

Had a loan at preston that came to nothing. Think Pulis recalled him. Not sure why because he clearly doesn't have him in his plans.

Tonge seems pretty comfortable playing for Stoke's reserves. Seem to remember he wasn't too excited at the thought of rejoining us.

Anyone know how Lee Johnson doing? Thought he was a good player. Although when he came to us we weren't into the whole passing to each other thing.

Archived