WC 10 and Derby

xXDcFcXx

You know that the National Team is bad when the world cup doesn't matter to your country as much as a league win or when being knocked out a cup game is worse then being knocked out of the world cup.

If you don't care about the England team as much as you use to, what is your reason?

(There is no real point in this)

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think its simply a fact of the financial pressure on the top teams. They see England as potentially causing injury to their over paid players.

SKY money has skewed the relationship between club and country to the point of being detrimental to the England team.

The FA have lost their power to the Premier League chairman, who, if threatened, will utter thinly veiled threats of breaking away.

You know that the National Team is bad when the world cup doesn't matter to your country as much as a league win or when being knocked out a cup game is worse then being knocked out of the world cup.

If you don't care about the England team as much as you use to, what is your reason?

(There is no real point in this)

This may be a bit posthumous a reply considering he's been banned but I'm losing interest in England due to:

1. Their loyalty. They clearly care more about their clubs than their country. It's their club that pays them and that's what leads me to ...

2. Their lavish lifestyles. They've already made it and many of them seem to be celebrities, often marrying popstars/models/presenters. Does a WC win really mean they're going to be richer and recognised more than they already are? At the moment no.

3. Their lack of pride and genuine passion for England. They shouldn't be paid to do it because it needs to remain a privilege to play for England, not just a fun weekend, paypacket and another zero on to your potential future transfer fees/wages.

But anyway I'm steaming so if TL;DR then I basically think they're all a bunch of egotistical ***** who need their priorities and spoilt lifestyles re-examined if they think they deserve to represent their country.

Archived