cloughs record

Leeds Ram

We could be seventh in the Premiership if Ian Holloway had been given the job

No we bloody couldn't!!!

Were you around when he relegated Leicester?

Blackpool is a much easier job than Derby. Especially when you're not cutting back.

Cutting back and improving, sounds like a paradox, doesn't it? And yet, that's what Clough's kinda, almost, sorta-very-nearly achieved. For that alone he's done a good job.

All Holloway had to do was shout rubbish at his team. He had the freedom to sign whoever he wanted on loan it seems. He had 7 players on loan at one point.

It's much easier to have a short-term run if you can add players as easily as that.

The irony is that those short-term loans actually got them promoted, and now they're in the top half of the Premier League :rolleyes:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No we bloody couldn't!!!

Were you around when he relegated Leicester?

Blackpool is a much easier job than Derby. Especially when you're not cutting back.

All Holloway had to do was shout rubbish at his team. He had the freedom to sign whoever he wanted on loan it seems. He had 7 players on loan at one point.It's much easier to have a short-term run if you can add players as easily as that.

Thats a bit unfair....

Holloway was a bit unlucky with Leicester and he had a chairman not known for his patience.

He's done a fantastic job with Blackpool. The signing of Charlie Austin was a masterstroke; he found a system that seems to suit his players; and he's got loads more out of Varney and Campbell than we did.

BEWARE : This rabbit bites.

Thats a bit unfair....

Holloway was a bit unlucky with Leicester and he had a chairman not known for his patience.

He's done a fantastic job with Blackpool. The signing of Charlie Austin was a masterstroke; he found a system that seems to suit his players; and he's got loads more out of Varney and Campbell than we did.

BEWARE : This rabbit bites.

Ok, I was a tad harsh, but there's no evidence to suggest that Holloway would get us up. The Blackpool job is as different to our job for the manager as Leicester Tigers.

Holloway's done well, yes, but I'm not convinced it's any harder keeping than Derby mid-table.

It annoys me a bit people go on about Clough having to cut the wage bill and not had much money to spend. So he has had to do the same job as most managers in the football league. He still has a wage bill that is higher than teams outperforming us and I imagine one in wage bill terms in the top 10 in the champ and not many have spent 1 million on a centre half. Yes its been tough but it is for lots of clubs. He is doing an ok job but lets stop

Archived