dan's dilemma

derbydan

I got made redundant from my old company on xmas eve last year, the company I now work for is a good company to work for that really does appreciate the staff I'm currently on £16k basic with about £450 - £600 commision a month. My old company has contacted me today offering me my old job back starting on a £12k basic but the commision is about £1100 a month really not sure what to do would appreciate any feedback :D

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This 1.1k commission they're offering - how confident are you that you'd be able to consistently reach target? If you can't then it just jam tomorrow, and when you break it down the difference between the 2 packages before tax isn't that much anyway. (4k basic over 12 months is £333pm, which equates to a max total of £933pm commission when added to the £600pm) It's nice to feel wanted, but do you want or need them? They've laid you off once, nothing to stop them doing it again.

Sounds like you enjoy it where you are now and feel that you have a place there. If it were me I'd turn the old lot down and let my current employers know about it. Not for the purposes of trying to eke more money out of them (although that would be a nice side effect if it happened), but to demonstrate your loyalty - things like that can make a difference from time to time.

Archived