England v France

Day

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Team News:

England: Foster, Jagielka, Ferdinand ©, Lescott, Gibbs, Henderson, Barry, Walcott, Gerrard, Milner, Carroll

France: Lloris, Sagna, Rami, Mexes, Abidal, Groucuff, M'Vila, Nasri, Valbuena, Benzema, Malouda

I'd say Smalling is better than Johnson. Far better.

I struggle to understand the inclusion of Smalling.

He's only ever started 9 league games for Fulham and has never started a league game for Man Utd??

Unbelievable.

I struggle to understand the inclusion of Smalling.

He's only ever started 9 league games for Fulham and has never started a league game for Man Utd??

Unbelievable.

Best backup available? Hes got the talent, he's just very very raw.

Man Utds version of Pringle in centre back form.

Best backup available? Hes got the talent, he's just very very raw.

Man Utds version of Pringle in centre back form.

Yes....... but this is England.

Bobby Moore etc.

I think we can do better than someone who's played 9 games.

Would be get picked if he played for Fulham reserves instead of Man Utd reserves?

Yes....... but this is England.

Bobby Moore etc.

I think we can do better than someone who's played 9 games.

Would be get picked if he played for Fulham reserves instead of Man Utd reserves?

Probably not, but no-one really knew who he was did they, until he came onto the scene with Fulham.

Plus look at the injuries at centre back, no: Terry, Woodgate, King, Dawson. Smalling is thought of in very good terms, he just needs to be eased in.

Being in the England set up won't hurt, and this is a friendly. After all, Jay Bothroyd is on the bench.

Probably not, but no-one really knew who he was did they, until he came onto the scene with Fulham.

Plus look at the injuries at centre back, no: Terry, Woodgate, King, Dawson. Smalling is thought of in very good terms, he just needs to be eased in.

Being in the England set up won't hurt, and this is a friendly. After all, Jay Bothroyd is on the bench.

I called for Carroll to go to the world cup because I thought we needed a new centre forward instead of Heskey and Co.

Bothroyd has played 200 league games. He's 28. Its taken him a while to mature and get his mind right but I can understand FC having a look at him.

....and I'm all in favour of new blood....but 9 games ?

Anyway I prefer Scott Dann.

I called for Carroll to go to the world cup because I thought we needed a new centre forward instead of Heskey and Co.

Bothroyd has played 200 league games. He's 28. Its taken him a while to mature and get his mind right but I can understand FC having a look at him.

....and I'm all in favour of new blood....but 9 games ?

Anyway I prefer Scott Dann.

I think hes earned his call up now, before I think it may have given him an ego. Bothroyd has matured yes, but he's still Championship with no real Premier League experience. There are quite a few players better than him who could have been given a call up. Kevin Davies anyone?

It's just so that Capello can have a look at the if he wants to. I'm happy with him in the set up, I expect big things from Smalling one day.

Archived