What Games Are You Playing At The Moment?

Alex W

Similiar to the 'Films' thread, worked on the old forum. Just put what games you're playing at the moment, discuss them etc. Worked pretty well before.

I'm currently embarking on a Mission Impossible style escapade to nick my friends Xbox and Black Ops disc :D Other than that I play some Rome Total War online, which is very challenging. (Gotta know what you're doing to play that online)

So, what are you lot playing? (And I am aware it's going to be mostly FM Manager, Fifa and CoD :cool: )

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NFL is more about tactics and what play calls you do. It's all pre-planned rather than controlled on-the-spot decisions you make to play on FIFA.

Some say it's like the chess of sport.

If you put the play calls on the basic level it feels like the CPU is doing it for you but you can make your own custom ones though but it's trickier.

I love it when I get a nice pass to one of the wide receivers who just can't stop running. And doing hail marys right at the end. :D

NFL is more about tactics and what play calls you do. It's all pre-planned rather than controlled on-the-spot decisions you make to play on FIFA.

Some say it's like the chess of sport.

Agree with that, which is why the sport is so successful. It takes brains to be a good coach, and alot of strategic plays, time outs etc.

Which is something most English don't realise. They think it is just rugby with helmets and pads.

I think that's mostly because of the tacky side of things, the Americanism of the game puts alot of people off, including me.

The crowds atmosphere is terrible for the most part, cheerleaders and distractions constantly with adverts from the tannoy etc.

But the game itself is fantastic, i'm very thankful for Channel 5 getting me into alot of American sports when it was on late night every night when I was in Year 9 of school onwards. I've followed Baseball, Ice Hockey and American Football since watching them on tv all those years ago.

Big fan of basketball and played a lot when I was younger. Even went to watch Knicks vs Magic at Madison Square Garden last year. Also love the ice hockey, and those games are amazing on xbox! Been to watch sheffield steelers a few times. Only getting into NFL properly this season, obviously as a Rams fan.

Big fan of basketball and played a lot when I was younger. Even went to watch Knicks vs Magic at Madison Square Garden last year. Also love the ice hockey, and those games are amazing on xbox! Been to watch sheffield steelers a few times. Only getting into NFL properly this season, obviously as a Rams fan.

Basketball isn't too bad, though i've never been able to get into that much. I'm a fan, but I don't get excited about the matches when i'm watching them.

And the Steelers??? :eek: Panthers all the way ;)

I would follow the Rams in the NFL, but they're shocking. I'm more of a Philidelphia fan. I'm brilliant at predicting NFL matches, I really need to start betting on them.

Predicted 18/20 games correct in the last few weeks.

Could never support anything from Nottingham, so it had to be Sheffield.

Rams are getting better, with Bradford looking quality for a rookie. Amendola and Jackson are quality.

I went to a game between Britain or England against US All Stars at the Panthers arena in about 2001 with my dad, was fantastic. Since then i've tried to keep up with how the Panthers are doing, didn't mind the Notts bit that much.

They're getting better, but not great. Wouldn't mind a London based Franchise to start up, which they could be doing, but with the leagues uncertain next year they can't do it just yet.

There's a lot of talk about it, I think it would be more successful if they did it as a GB franchise and maybe played games in London, Manchester and Glasgow.

True, though I suppose if a London Franchise started there could then be a Midlands on and a Scottish one if demand became high enough.

Think there are a few amaetur teams around here aren't there?

Archived