James Vaughan

Whoneedshuls

saw this on the bbc.co.uk/sport transfer rumour page.

Crystal Palace are ready to launch a £1m bid to make James Vaughan's loan deal a permanent one in January.

Full story: TalkSport

just thought would it be a good idea going in with about a 1.6mill offer as clough did say he was interested in him and he would fit in perfect with our formation if commons then just need kuqi on another loan till end of season. saying 1.6 as we maid a 2mill offer for hooper so the money for a good striker is there somewhere.

just wondered what your thoughts were?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If everton are going to consider 1mil from palace I would be furious if we offered 1.6.

So would I. I'm not even sure I'd want him for a million because of his injury record. He's a good player, when fit... but £800k with up to £200k in appearance-related add-ons is the very most I'd want to see us spend. I bet his wage-demands will be pretty high, too... probably ruling us out. I won't be gutted if we don't get him, nor will I be upset if we do, for the right money.

For the clubs who have twenty pound notes to blow their nose with it would be worth it. But for us, it would be a gamble because of his poor fitness record.

We could try and negotiate lots of appearance fees, because then we would never have to pay them. :D:D

Archived