Medal of Honor

Day

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't beat technophobes.

Love the irony though, championing a game where some fat lad from Stoke is world champion. Priceless.

If you get yourself a Nintendo Wii, you could always play the darts game on there, it's part of a compilation pack, "Parlour games and other associated tripe of little interest to anyone beyond a fat b@$t@rd or simpleton'......

Can't beat technophobes.

Love the irony though, championing a game where some fat lad from Stoke is world champion. Priceless.

If you get yourself a Nintendo Wii, you could always play the darts game on there, it's part of a compilation pack, "Parlour games and other associated tripe of little interest to anyone beyond a fat b@$t@rd or simpleton'......

you should try playing darts for a couple of hours non stop.I say try because you wouldnt be able to do it.I find it amazing (as well as short sighted)that darts players get slagged for being fat when the truth is only a minority of darts players are overweight.

oh god not another computer games vs darts thread

jesus its every couple of weeks

if you havnt payed aot of these games can you realy comment?

in the last 5 years i reckon the best computer games have had better storys than any of hollywoods bockbusters.

so what if your playing the part of a US marine, or a cowboy from the west or batman

whats the difference between a computer game or a book, its the same concept all be it in a different media type

oh and for the record i actually like darts, and play it every once in a while. i count it as a sport. but honesty 8 times out of 10 id rather play fifa

There is a huge difference between a computer game and a book.As for the darts comment,it is not I that starts such comments.As for computer games,it is banter (as is the darts chat).If you dont like it,dont read it.Shouldnt be a problem as you obviously dont read books.

it wasnt aimed at just you, but the constant sniping of the 2 does my head in

the difference between the 2 is practicy none exsistant, you follow the story of the main protaganist, with twists and turns like a book, regardless of what my spelling and grammer says ive read a shed load of books, to see that there is a massive corrolation in the 2

ok the mutiplayer modes have no relavance

how can a computer game have the twists that a novel can have?Im not being funny,I genuinely would like to know.I have read many novels that have fantastic twists in the plot,ie Dan Brown,Sam Bourne.I would find it extremely difficult for a pc console game to have such a function.

You can't really compare video games to books.

They both require an attention span and a mild brain work out but they are different media forms.

Games these days are excellent. Good graphics on the 7th generation has allowed them to become cinematic, as much as films. The games industry is the biggest money making media industry in the world now. So that also speaks for itself.

I like reading and gaming. I don't like darts. That's not because I dislike it, I think it's actually alright. I'm just a spastic and can't throw a dart to save my life. :)

pretty much the same way, bearing in mind some of the best writers around currently work on computer games

take the game fallout 3. there is over 100hours worth of gaming time without the addon packs. you can do as much or as itte in the story line as you require, but anything that has that long a playing time has to have twist and turns, other wise your game is effectivly over in 5hours. it resuted in the game having 3 different endings, with the concept that games nowadays all of which come from dramatic twists in the games story

i expect the sequel out ater this month to be as big and as engrossing as before.

aot of games ike this now are soully behind the story line, as technology has improved far beyond gamers just being able to short invaders from space read up on games like red dead redemption, alan wake, hard rain even batman arkham asylum added a whole new concept and story line in the batman comic story arcs

you should try playing darts for a couple of hours non stop.I say try because you wouldnt be able to do it.I find it amazing (as well as short sighted)that darts players get slagged for being fat when the truth is only a minority of darts players are overweight.

I'm generalising, just as you were doing. Perhaps you should keep your nose out of threads that clearly hold no interest for you other than to make glib comments designed to wind other people up.

I couldn't give two fooks about darts, or any other pub game particularly, but then, I wasn't the one going into a darts thread was I?

how can a computer game have the twists that a novel can have?Im not being funny,I genuinely would like to know.I have read many novels that have fantastic twists in the plot,ie Dan Brown,Sam Bourne.I would find it extremely difficult for a pc console game to have such a function.

Again, that's a generalised view of gaming, which is true for certain genres of game, but not others. Obviously there's not going to be a narrative with sports games, or puzzlers, platforms etc. RPGs on the other hand, different story. Mass Effect for example, has a superb narrative. And please, are you seriously holding up Dan Brown as a shining example of a literary mastermind? That's like saying the Sun is the best newspaper because it has the largest circulation, or that Baywatch was the greatest TV show ever filmed.

I would say to you that you need to try one, of whatever story telling type that interests you.

If you were into the whole 'Fantasy' thing, Lord of the Rings style, there is a game called 'Oblivion' that has a 100 of hours of gameplay in it. Several story lines to go through, one being about becoming the top thief in the land, one about the emperors dying and you have to restore his ******* son to the throne. There is a long storyline to it, it's written by professional writers, the likes of whom write on films, and more than likely have written books.

There is also Heavy Rain, a game that is like a film, the game can play through in over 10 different ways and endings. You decide the story by what you do in certain situations etc, you decide what happens.

It's different to book, but being someone who enjoys a good read too I would definitely encourage you to try a game with a well reviewed storyline. You might get into one :)

Archived